Tomato and Olive Tapenade
Dec 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you are a tomato and olive fan, this tomato and olive tapenade recipe is for you! This is a quick and easy appetizer recipe made with simple ingredients. Also, you can use it to top your favorite chicken, fish or pork dish. Not to mention, this comes together in a matter of minutes!
What is Tapenade Made Of?
Traditionally, tapenade is made with olives and capers. Next, olive oil is added. Traditionally, tapenade is chopped, crushed or blended into a paste like consistency. We love the idea of halving the tomatoes and olives, so you can enjoy the flavor burst as you bite into them. However, you can choose the method that works for you! Regardless of the method, the tapenade will elevate any dish!
To make a pesto type of consistency, place the ingredients into a food processor and pulse 5-8 times until the ingredients have broken down into tiny pieces.
What Is Tapenade?
Tapenade is an all-purpose “salsa”. Basically, It’s similar to bruschetta and can be blended down in a food processor to be more of a pesto-type consistency. Comparatively speaking, it can be described as a topping or condiment.
How Do I Serve Tapenade?
It can be used to top fish, like our Mediterranean Fish with Tomato Tapenade, enjoyed as a dip with vegetables, pita bread or crackers, or on top of chicken or pork.
Ingredients Needed for Tomato and Olive Tapenade
- NatureSweet Cherubs®
- black olives
- red onion
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
How To Make Tomato Tapenade
First, slice the NatureSweet Cherubs® and olives in half.
Next, place the tomatoes and olives a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Then, toss all the ingredients together.
Finally, serve, and enjoy!
More Delicious Sauces, Dressings & Dips To Try
- Homemade Blackberry Jam – a quick and easy recipe to blackberry jam!
- Homemade Fresh Salsa Recipe – once you make homemade salsa, you won’t go back to the store bought kind.
- Fresh Tomato, Herbs and Ricotta Board – if you want to entertain your guests with a delicious board as an appetizer, this is a great go-to appetizer recipe!
Tomato and Olive Tapenade
- 2 c NatureSweet Cherub Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 c black olives pitted and halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 basil leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Enjoy with pita bread, vegetables, crackers or top on fish or chicken.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.