5 Ingredient Strawberry Santas
This post is sponsored by Naturipe®.
The holidays are here, and that means one thing in The Produce Moms’ kitchens: it’s time for some festive treats! These Strawberry Santas are creamy, fruity, and absolutely adorable. They’re perfect for any holiday party or movie night.
Serve them as desserts after a holiday feast or as a snack while the family opens gifts. Featuring juicy Naturipe® Strawberries, this berry treat will bring a smile to any face this season!
How to Make Strawberry Santas
We made the list and checked it twice, and these Strawberry Santas only require a few simple ingredients. Naturipe Strawberries make up the bodies of these tiny Santas while chocolate chips give them eyes. But it’s the homemade frosting that gives each of them a snow-white beard and pulls together this truly irresistible treat.
What makes this frosting so special? We used buttery mascarpone cheese, an Italian cheese that’s creamy and great for spreading. For these Strawberry Santas, we whipped the cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar to the consistency of frosting. This gives the Santas shape and keeps their little hats on their heads!
- piping bag
- hand mixer
- 1/2 cup marscapone cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 15 Naturipe Strawberries
- 30 mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the mascarpone and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Using a spatula or spoon, transfer the frosting to a piping bag. Use a small star piping tip.
- Cut off the leaf-end of each strawberry to make a flat surface. Cut a 1/2- to 3/4-inch piece from the pointed end of each strawberry. Keep for the hats.
- Place the strawberries wide-side down. Pipe a 3/4-inch-high swirl of frosting on each strawberry. Place the hats on top. Pipe a small ball of frosting on top of the hats.
- For the eyes, press two chocolate chips into the swirl of frosting, pointed sides outward.
A Merry Berry Treat from Naturipe
Make your holiday a little sweeter with fresh, juicy berries from Naturipe Farms. Even during the winter months, Naturipe berries are delivered fresh from the field to your local grocery store. Their “family of farms” ensures you’ll get the tastiest fruit around, year-round!
Naturipe’s global network of family farms are located in different climates in North and South America. Harvest time comes for these farms at different times of the year. That means that somewhere in the Western Hemisphere, your favorite berries are in season!
Want another berry-based snack that’s easy to make? Try these Berry Pinwheels!
Did your guests find these Strawberry Santas delightful and delicious? How did they go over with your friends and family? Tell us about it in the comments!