Mediterranean Fish Recipe with Tapenade
Dec 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Fish Recipe is packed full of flavor and a special topping. Seasoned with salt and pepper and topped with a simple tomato tapenade recipe, your family will be asking to put this meal in the weekly rotation.
This recipe is sponsored by NatureSweet®.
Baking, air frying or frying white fish is always a quick go-to weeknight meal. The fish cooks super quick and is often ready in under 10 minutes! As busy moms, we can all enjoy more quick and easy dinner recipes.
Related: Tomato and Olive Tapenade
What Is A Popular Mediterranean Fish?
Seafood that is often traditional with a Mediterranean diet include: abalone, clams, crab, eel, flounder, lobster, mussels, octopus, oysters, salmon, sardines, sea bass, shrimp, squid, tilapia, tuna and yellow tail.
What Fish Should I Use For This Recipe?
For this Mediterranean Fish recipe, we used Mahi. However, you can use cod, halibut, snapper, sea bass or haddock. You want to make sure you are cooking a filet cut.
Ingredients Needed For Mediterranean Fish With Tapenade Recipe
- Tomato and Olive Tapenade featuring NatureSweet Cherubs®
- anchovy paste
- lemon juice
- white fish fillets
- salt & pepper to taste
How To Make Mediterranean Fish
Start by making the tapenade. Place all of the ingredients into a medium size bowl or place in a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped. Set aside.
In a skillet, coat with olive oil. Season both sides of your fish with salt and pepper. Place the fish in a hot skillet over medium high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Remove the fish and top with the tomato tapenade. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
More Delicious Seafood Recipes To Enjoy
- Sweet Kale Fish Tacos – a quick and easy way to switch up Taco night!
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Sheet Pan – dinner is ready in under 30 minutes and clean up is a breeze as this dinner recipe is cooked all on a sheet pan!
- Shrimp Tacos with Tropical Avocado Salsa Verde – another great way to switch up taco night and this one is packed full of all the flavors.
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs – grilled to perfection in just a few minutes, flavors are sweet and light.
Family Favorites from NatureSweet®
The best homemade recipes deserve the best ingredients. That’s why we love using NatureSweet® tomatoes in each of ours! NatureSweet Cherubs® are perfectly poppable grape tomatoes. They are a juicy, bite-sized treat, perfect for the tapenade topping for the Mediterranean fish.
So what’s the secret to these tasty tomatoes? NatureSweet® knows that to grow the best produce, they need to do what’s right. They’re committed to supporting and empowering the people who make these tomatoes possible, from expert growers to supply chain workers and beyond. Cultivation innovation and sustainable farming practices mean NatureSweet® can pay it forward and treat the planet right, too. These are good tomatoes that you can feel good about eating!
Other Great Recipes with NatureSweet Tomatoes
Mediterranean Fish With Tapenade
- 2 C NatureSweet Cherubs® sliced in half
- 1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 bay leaves chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 c black olives pitted and halved
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 white fish fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges to serve
- Start by making the tapenade. Place all of the ingredients into a medium size bowl or place in a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped. Set aside.
- In a skillet, coat with olive oil. Season both sides of your fish with salt and pepper. Place the fish in a hot skillet over medium high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove the fish and top with the tomato tapenade. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.