Sweet Potato Latkes
Sweet Potato Latkes are a super quick appetizer or side dish. They are perfect for entertaining guests while also preparing ahead of time!
Wada Farms sponsored this post.
These Sweet Potato Latkes are crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. It is a perfect combination of sweet and salty!
What are Latkes?
A latke is a combination of a potato pancake but instead of the mashed potato, you’re substituting it out for shredded sweet potatoes! They are often mixed together with eggs to bind the ingredients, panko or breadcrumbs and fillers for flavor.
What are Sweet Potato Latkes made of?
For our version we used:
- Wada Farms Sweet Potatoes
- Italian Breadcrumbs – You can substitute for panko if you have those on hand.
- Grated Onion – This can be subbed out for green onions or even chives.
Additional Flavor Ideas for Sweet Potato Latkes
If you want to add additional flavors we recommend:
- Dried cranberries
- Minced Garlic or garlic salt
- Diced Jalapenos
How to Freeze Latkes
Latkes freeze really well. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Freeze in a single layer and then once hardened, place in a ziploc freezer bag or air tight container.
Related: How to Store Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes
How to Make Sweet Potato Latkes
Start by peeling your sweet potatoes.
Once the sweet potatoes are peeled, grab a grater and grate the sweet potatoes. You need about 5 cups of shredded potatoes for this sweet potato latke recipe.
Why We Love Wada Farms
We choose Wada Farms potatoes and sweet potatoes from the produce section for their hearty flavor and focus on sustainability as well! Family-owned since 1943, they use resources efficiently to increase productivity and quality of their produce. Wada Farms is known as “The Grower That Changed the Game” and is one of America’s largest grower-shippers of fresh potatoes, onions and sweet potatoes. The Produce Moms® is proud to work with Wada Farms and even have a co-branded Easy-Baker Potato.
More Delicious Recipes from Our Friends at Wada Farms
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup – your home will smell like fall with this dump and go recipe!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes – quick, easy and simple ingredients without a lot of fuss.
- Sausage and Potato Sheet Pan Recipe – perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
- Irish Pub Nachos – change up your nacho game!
- Easy Baked Potato Bar – entertain friends with a fun potato bar.
Sweet Potato Latkes
- 3 Wada Farms Sweet Potatoes
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c onion grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted (optional)
- Peel the sweet potatoes.
- Coarsely grate the sweet potatoes using the large holes on a box grate into medium or small size pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the grated sweet potato, eggs, matzo meal, chives and salt & pepper. Mix to combine.
- Scoop using a large ice cream scoop amount and press into a ball. Squeeze to stick tightly together.
- Press lightly into a flat disc on wax paper or on a baking sheet.
- Preheat air fryer to 350F. Spray the bottom with coconut oil cooking spray
- Air fry latkes on one said for 6 minutes. Flip and air fry for another 6-8 minutes or until they are golden and crispy on the outside.
- While the sweet potato latkes are in the air fryer, combine yogurt and vanilla paste. Mix to combine.
- To serve, add a dollop of vanilla yogurt on the latkes and sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans. Enjoy!
One response to “Sweet Potato Latkes”
Those sweet potato latkes sound look crispy and delicious in the photo. Definitely gonna try soon! Thanks.