Sausage and Potato Sheet Pan
With cooler weather and busy back-to-school schedules, your family is probably hankering for a hot and savory meal – but you probably have less time to make one! Fortunately, there’s a solution: a full meal that’s a breeze to make. We’re talking about a sheet pan meal! We created this recipe with our partners at Wada Farms, the world-famous potato growers. Make a dinner to please the whole family with this Sausage and Potato Sheet Pan!
This year may look a little different for all of us. Whether we’re working or learning from home or socially distancing in the workplace or the classroom, everyone is adjusting to new schedules for the new school year. But while the easy solution for dinner in the middle of these busy schedules might be to just order a pizza, there’s a better option! Nutritious produce like potatoes can give you and your family the energy to get through the day.
Power up with potatoes!
Potatoes are loaded with essential nutrients like potassium and Vitamin C and B6. They balance proteins, fats, and water but are still fat- and cholesterol-free. And with both simple and complex carbohydrates, they contain plenty of energy to fuel your family!
Learn more about the power of potatoes with our free eBook!
What’s in potatoes is great… but we’d be lying if we said we loved them for the nutrition and not the taste! No matter how you prepare your potatoes, they always taste delicious. There are plenty of health-conscious potato recipes out there, but this Sausage and Potato Sheet Pan is one of our favorites. Wada Farms baby red potatoes give this dish a hearty base alongside onions and baby carrots. Sausage provides a boost of protein and a bit of spice. And with a dash of Italian seasoning, garlic, and Parmesan cheese on top, this dish is sure to become a flavorful favorite!
- 13 oz packaged sausage
- 8 oz Baby Carrots
- 1 lb Wada Farms red baby potatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice the Wada Farms baby red potatoes in quarters.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the seasonings.
- Lay the red potatoes and baby carrots on the sheet pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil and half of the seasoning mix on top. Gently Toss to combine, and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice the yellow onion, and thickly slice the sausage.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots from the oven and move them to one side of the pan using a spatula. On the other side add the sliced onion, sausage, and minced garlic. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining seasoning mix.
- Toss to combine and then toss those ingredients with the potatoes and carrots. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over the top.
- Top the dish with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe appears in our latest eBook, Back to School with Potatoes, along with some of our other favorite potato dishes! Download it for free!
We choose Wada Farms potatoes in the produce section not just for their hearty flavor, but for their sustainable growing practices as well! Wada Farms grew their first spuds in 1943 and have since grown to become one of the nation’s largest suppliers of fresh potatoes, onions and sweet potatoes. No matter what you’re making for dinner, Wada Farms’ produce will be a delicious addition!
Did this Sausage and Potato Sheet Pan become a family favorite? Let us know how it went over in the comments below, or tag us in your foodie photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.