Sheet Pan Caramel Apples
Sep 27, 2023, Updated Nov 22, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Sheet Pan Caramel Apples are the quickest way to make this sweet treat! With SweeTango® apple slices and topped with your families favorite toppings, you can’t go wrong with a Fall dessert!
This post is sponsored by SweeTango®.
Who doesn’t love a good caramel apple, especially in the Fall?!? From our Caramel Apples, Caramel Apple Smoothie, Caramel Apple S’mores, Homemade Caramel Apple Dip or Caramel Apple Monkey bread, you can’t go wrong.
Related: Know Your Apple Variety
What We Love About This Sheet Pan Caramel Apple Recipe:
- Feeds a crowd on a budget.
- Fun recipe to get even the tiniest of hands involved!
- Offers a variety of flavors as toppings.
- Great way to use up a bag of apples.
How Do I Prevent Apples From Turning Brown?
There’s two quick options:
- Water with lemon juice.
- Lemon lime soda.
Soak the sliced apples in a bowl of either or to prevent the apples from turning brown. Be sure to dry the apples completely so that the caramel can stick to the apples. Any moisture will not allow the caramel to soak into the apple.
What Toppings Can I Use for a Caramel Apple Sheet Pan Recipe?
There’s really no wrong answer when it comes to the flavor combinations of caramel apples. Use what is on hand, leftover Halloween candy, or pick up your favorite toppings. This is meant to satisfy your sweet tooth. Quite simply, pick your favorites.
- Chopped candy (i.e,. Reese’s, Kit Kats, Buttefingers)
- Chopped Oreos
- Chopped Pretzels
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Dried Fruit
- Drizzled Nutella
- Drizzled Chocolate
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Toffee Bits
Ingredients Needed for Caramel Apple Slices
We highly suggest making this recipe and enjoying the same day.
- 3 bags Caramel Bits or 3 bags caramel squares (unwrapped)
- 3 TBSP Heavy Cream
- 6-8 SweeTango® Apples, sliced
How to Make Sheet Pan Caramel Apples
Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Slice SweeTango® Apples. Dry them thoroughly with paper towels. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet.
Place caramel bits (or unwrapped caramel squares) in a bowl with the heavy cream. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
Pour the hot caramel over the apple slices. Carefully spread the caramel out until all the apple slices are evenly coated.
Let caramel cool slightly. Then, top with your favorite toppings.
Serve when caramel is cool and solid, and enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Caramel Apples
These must be kept in the refrigerator. If not, the caramel becomes super runny and inedible. However, be sure to note that the apples will release moisture in the refrigerator. They will still taste the same, however, the caramel does become a little bit runny.
More Delicious Apple Recipes You Must Try
- Apple Pumpkin Spice Smoothie – enjoy a smoothie that has all the favorite flavors of Fall.
- Apple Walnut Baked Brie – the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
- Apple Salsa – sweet, crisp, crunchy apple salsa with a hint of heat.
- Apple Farro Salad – a nutrient-packed salad filled with juicy, sweet apples, tossed with crunchy walnuts, and filling farro.
Why We Love SweeTango® Apples
Why choose a SweeTango® apple over the other varieties in your local produce section? Bite into one and you’ll see why! With a sweet flavor featuring hints of honey, spice, and citrus, these apples are ideal for snacking on out of hand or slicing up for dippable treats. They also pair well with savory ingredients.
But flavor isn’t all that makes SweeTango® apples stand out. With your first bite, you’ll hear their signature loud crunch. They’ll provide some tasty texture for your caramel apple slices– and some great nutrients, too! Apples promote good gut health and contain no fat or cholesterol. They’re a heart healthy alternative to bread that delivers in flavor and nutrition.
Sheet Pan Caramel Apples
- 6-8 SweeTango® Apples sliced
- 3 bags Caramel Bits or 3 bags caramel squares unwrapped
- 3 TBSP Heavy Cream
- Toppings see notes
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice SweeTango® Apples. Dry them thoroughly with paper towels. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet.
- Place caramel bits (or unwrapped caramel squares) in a bowl with the heavy cream. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Pour the hot caramel over the apple slices. Carefully spread the caramel out until all the apple slices are evenly coated.
- Let caramel cool slightly. Then, top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve when caramel is cool and solid.
Chopped candy (i.e,. Reese’s, Kit Kats, Butter Fingers)
Crushed Graham Crackers
Mini Chocolate Chips
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.