Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Nov 08, 2021, Updated Jun 21, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Special mornings call for a special breakfast. Whether it’s a holiday, a birthday, or just a Saturday worth celebrating, monkey bread will bring some joy to your family’s morning. We’ve put a twist on this delectable pull-apart breakfast with our Caramel Apple Monkey Bread, which adds some fruity fall flavor to this treat. Use the incredible SweeTango® apple to make this breakfast or brunch dish one of a kind!
How to Make Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Monkey bread is an easy breakfast to make. The bread you’ll use as the base for your Caramel Apple Monkey Bread is simply refrigerated pre-made biscuits. This helps cut down on the prep work and the number of ingredients you’ll need. This way you can focus on mixing the glaze that makes monkey bread so tasty.
Most monkey bread is made using a fluted tube cake pan, and this recipe is no different. You’ll find the measurements in this recipe designed for such a pan. But if you don’t have one, don’t worry! You can substitute two 9” by 5” loaf pans. Just divide the ingredients between the two pans and bake as you normally would.
When your bread is ready, remove it from the pan as soon as possible. If it cools for too long in the pan it can start to stick, making it difficult to remove intact. Once you’ve removed it from the pan, serve it in slices for your family to pull apart. Tell them it’s ok to use their hands! We think this unique breakfast pairs nicely with some nuts or fresh fruit, like some slices of any SweeTango apples you have left over.
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- Fluted tube cake pan (optional)
- 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag
- 2 SweeTango® apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cans refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits (10 count) total of approximately 32 oz biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- Peel and dice SweeTango® apples.
- Separate dough into biscuits, and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix in diced apples and quartered biscuits into the storage bag. Shake to coat. Once done, place in the cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter and brown sugar. Pour over biscuit pieces in the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn upside down onto a plate to serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
A special day should start out with a great meal! This standout apple variety is sweet and a little citrusy with hints of honey and spice – the perfect flavor profile for this Caramel Apple Monkey Bread.
Both crunchy and juicy, this apple is perfectly suited to be paired with caramel and will add lively flavor and crunch to your monkey bread. Did this Caramel Apple Monkey Bread make a special breakfast for a memorable day? Is it a new family favorite? Tell us how it went over in the comments!
Do you love the taste of caramel apples? Then try our caramel apple smoothie recipe too!