Apple Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Get your pumpkin spice fix with an Apple Pumpkin Spice Smoothie!
It’s pumpkin spice season! It’s also apple season. October is National Apple Month. Celebrate both with this smoothie that combines pumpkin and apples. The result is a nutritious smoothie that tastes just like pumpkin spice.
This recipe is a complete meal. It includes fruit, a vegetable, a whole grain, and some protein. While this smoothie is very sweet, it contains no unnatural sugar. The sweetness comes from the apple and two dates. Enjoy this nutritious smoothie for breakfast or as an afternoon treat.
Be sure to use 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin filling. Pumpkin puree is nothing but 100% cooked pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling includes spices and sugars that you don’t want for this recipe.
You can also make your own pumpkin puree.
- 2 SweeTango apples 1 apple for the smoothie, and some diced for topping
- 1/4 cup unsweetened oatmilk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats quick cook
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 handful ice
- Place 1 chopped SweeTango Apple and ice in a blender.
- To the blender, add the remaining ingredients in the order listed: oatmilk milk, oatmeal, pumpkin puree, almond butter, dates vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Blend until smooth. Add a small handful of ice, then blend again. For an even thicker smoothie, add a few ice cubes and blend again. For a thinner smoothie, add more milk.
- Pour into a glass. Top with chopped apple, sprinkle with additional cinnamon as desired and enjoy!
Watch The Produce Moms’ founder, Lori Taylor, whip up two SweeTango® recipes, including SweeTango® Apple Pumpkin Spice Smoothie:
Have you tried these apples? Grab a few at the grocery store this week and whip up this Pumpkin Spice Smoothie in celebration of October and National Apple Month!
Here are some other delicious smoothies to enjoy this Fall: