How to Select Oranges
- Most varieties of oranges should be smooth and thin-skinned. Seek oranges that are firm, heavy for their size, and free of any soft spots or sponginess.
- Look for oranges that are a bright, uniform color. Many orange varieties should be a bright orange but some, like Valencias, will appear slightly green while still being good to eat.
How to Store Oranges
- Oranges will keep up to a week on the counter or two weeks in your refrigerator. Place the oranges in an unsealed container in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator.
- Avoid cutting oranges until you are ready to use them. Sliced oranges should be used within one day.
- Oranges may be stored in the freezer up to six months. Slice and flash freeze the oranges first by placing them on a baking sheet in a single layer in your freezer for two hours. Transfer the oranges to a sealed plastic bag and place them back in the freezer for storage.
How to Serve Oranges
Eat Like An Animal
4 hrs 10 mins
How to Select, Store, & Serve