Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs
Grill season is in full swing! Hotdogs and hamburgers are always a fun choice, but if you’re looking for something different to throw on the grill, you’ve got to try these Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs!
These kabobs combine two of the yummiest grilled foods, shrimp and pineapple. What really makes these kabobs next level, is the homemade Jamaican jerk sauce.
Although traditionally used on pork, jerk sauce is delicious on just about any meat or seafood, including shrimp. It’s also a nice contrast to pineapple. Its spice is tempered by pineapple’s sweet juices.
RELATED: How to select and store pineapple
If you’re short on time or ingredients, you can substitute homemade for store-bought jerk sauce. But if you’re able, homemade is the way to go.
Ready to fire up the grill and chow down? Here’s the recipe for Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs:
- 2 habanero peppers chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups pinepple cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- Add shrimp to 3/4 of the marinade and let sit in refrigerator at least 30 minutes, but overnight is ok.
- Assemble skewers by alternating shrimp and pineapple.
- Cook on a hot grill for 3-4 minutes per side until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with remaining marinade as a dipping sauce or drizzle.
Produce Moms Tip: Use any extra pineapple to make grilled pineapple slices.
For more great grilling recipes, check out our “On The Grill” Pinterest board.
Will you try this recipe for Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Kabobs? If you do, let us know what you think. Share you’re recipe review in the comments below or tag us in your food photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.