Sweet Kale Fish Tacos
Feb 14, 2018, Updated May 26, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This recipe is sponsored by Eat Smart
Delicious fish tacos in under 30 minutes. Taco night just got more awesome!
Whoever invented Taco Tuesday is our hero. Taco night is always the best! Kids love tacos, parents love tacos. They’re easy to customize for each family member — if you love onions but your husband does not, it’s easy to add them to yours and skip them on his. It’s fairly easy to sneak in a few extra veggies on tacos — you can hide all kinds under cheese or inside salsa! 🙂
Today, we have a new taco recipe to share with you. Sweet Kale Fish Tacos are loaded with nutritious veggies. And from start to finish they take just 30 minutes to make! From a mom’s perspective, they’re already a win. Your family will dig them because they’re so darn good!
These tacos have a secret ingredient that makes them fast and full of flavor. Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit from our brand partner Eat Smart. Yes, a salad kit! This particular salad kit includes 7 superfoods: kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, roasted pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries. We save the pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries for a different use, but everything else gets added to the tacos. We mix the dressing packet included in the kit with a bit of lemon juice, garlic, and adobo sauce to create a sauce that is bursting with flavor.
Watch and see how easy it is to make Sweet Kale Fish Tacos:
Sweet Kale Fish Tacos
- 1 12 oz package Eat Smart Sweet Kale Salad
- 3-4 8 oz cod fillets fresh or thawed frozen
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 dash lemon pepper
- 1 tsp adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and sliced in 16 wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro rinsed, dried, and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro to taste
- sour cream to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, 2 tsp of lemon juice, and lemon pepper.
- Add fish to marinade, flipping to coat. Place fish in a baking dish, and pour remaining marinade over fish. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make dressing - whisk together dressing packet, adobo sauce, 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl, add the Sweet Kale Salad vegetable blend (set aside cranberries and pumpkin seeds for another use). Toss salad with dressing. In a small skillet, warm tortillas one at a time in a dry pan.
- Place half of each fish fillet onto each tortilla, top with salad blend, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Add Sweet Kale Fish Tacos to your taco night rotation and then let us know how your family enjoys this recipe. If they’re anything like ours, they’ll be begging for more next week!
Do you have a taco secret ingredient? Look for Eat Smart’s Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit in the produce department of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, put in a request with the produce manager. They’re always eager to hear from shoppers!