Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Wouldn’t it be nice to get dinner on the table within thirty minutes and without dirtying more than one dish? It’s possible with this recipe for Creamy Tuscan Chicken. This one-skillet meal is perfect for busy school nights. It’s kid-friendly and mom-approved.
What is Tuscan Chicken Made Of?
This tuscan chicken recipe incorporates some of our favorite “Tuscan” veggies including baby spinach, red bell pepper, onion, and zucchini. Combined with chicken thighs and a rich, creamy sauce, this is a recipe you’ll find yourself whipping up over and over again.
What do you eat Tuscan Chicken with?
Here’s what you can serve with this creamy tuscan chicken recipe:
- A simple side salad
- serve over your favorite pasta noodle
- blistered green beans
- garlic bread
What do I need to make Tuscan Chicken at Home?
The ingredients you will need for this Tuscan chicken recipe include:
- chicken thighs (chicken breasts will also work)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- yellow onion
- red bell pepper
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
- sun-dried tomatoes
- baby spinach
How To Make One-Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Making Creamy Tuscan Chicken is easy! In addition to the ingredients, you’ll need a large skillet — cast iron is great but not necessary.
You’ll begin by seasoning the chicken thighs and cooking them in the skillet until they are brown on the outside and cooked to an internal temperature of 180 degrees, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Once cooked, you’ll remove the chicken thighs from the skillet and set aside for a few minutes while you cook the veggies and create the sauce.
You’ll begin with the onions. Then you’ll add in the garlic. Next up are the red bell pepper and zucchini. Once those have had a few minutes in the skillet, you’ll begin making the sauce by adding in vegetable broth and milk along with flour and seasonings.
Within a few minutes, the sauce will begin to thicken. That’s your cue to add in the baby spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Once the spinach has had a chance to wilt, add the chicken thighs back into the skillet and let everything simmer for a few minutes. Then it’s time to eat!
Looking for more One Pan meals? Here’s a few of our reader favorites:
- Chicken Marsala
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Mushroom and Beef Stroganoff
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Sheet Pan Meal
- Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
One-Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini cut into half moons
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked to an internal temperature of 180 degrees. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute. Add red bell pepper and zucchini and cook until for another two minutes.
- Stir in the flour, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Add the mustard, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until the liquid starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Simmer until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Serve warm.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken can be served straight out of the skillet into a bowl. Or, plate it on top of rice or alongside some roasted potatoes. However you decide to serve it one thing is for sure, it’s bound to be delicious!
If you love this meal, you’ll also love this recipe for Tuscan Spinach Salad.
Did you make our One-Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken? Review this recipe in the comments below or tag us in your recipe photo @theproducemoms on Instagram.
Do you have an easy one-skillet meal you make over and over? Share with all of The Produce Moms over on Facebook!
3 responses to “Creamy Tuscan Chicken”
This recipe is a keeper… creamy and delicious! I used chicken thighs and cooked it over the stove a bit longer. Next time will add mushrooms and olives.
Is the nutritional info per serving or per skillet? I assume per serving but it doesn’t say.
It is per serving.