Are you following this month’s #ProduceChallenge?! Orange BELL PEPPERS by Nature Fresh Farms are today’s feature! Orange Bell Peppers are known for their sweet & tangy flavor—making them a very popular vegetable in the United States! Did you know that bell peppers have more Vitamin C than an orange?! Plus, bell peppers are in their peak season right NOW, which makes it the perfect time to add them to our summer recipes : )
Let’s discuss how to select, store & serve Orange Bell Peppers:
- When shopping, search for brightly colored peppers with a firm skin that yields to slight pressure- skin will shine!
- Make sure the stems of the bell pepper are green in color.
- The peppers will be heavy for their size.
- Avoid peppers with bruises, soft spots, or shriveled skin.
- Place bell peppers in a plastic bag in the refrigerator- will last 5 to 7 days!
- Add a damp paper towel to the vegetable compartment- helps the pepper to retain its water.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers are my favorite recipe to serve- GREAT quick & easy meal for my family!
- With any dip- the crispy texture of the pepper makes this a perfect combination!
- For recipes with Orange Bell Peppers, check out the following by Nature Fresh Farms: Tomato Gazpacho, Green Tomato & Bell Pepper Melt, Pepper Lime Chicken, Candied Walnuts & Feta Cheese Salad.
Don’t forget to add Orange Bell Peppers to this week’s grocery list! Comment or message to let me know your favorite recipe to prepare with Orange Bell Peppers : ) Have a great rest of the week!
xoxo Produce Mom