Blistered Green Beans with Fried Shallots
This recipe is sponsored by Curation Foods
We are big fans of fresh green bean casserole. However, it’s not the only way to serve Eat Smart® Green Beans during the holidays. This year, if you’re looking for something a little simpler, yet just as delicious, try this recipe for blistered Eat Smart® Green Beans tossed with O Aged Sherry Vinegar and topped with fried shallots.
This light and flavorful recipe is a loving nod to traditional green bean casserole. Using only a few simple ingredients, it’s quicker to make and still offers all the flavor we expect in a holiday green bean side dish.
This mouth-watering dish will please everyone at the table. It’s vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and keto-friendly. Those who avoid traditional green bean casserole because it’s heavy or contains mushrooms, will love this light and simple alternative. Those who enjoy traditional green bean casserole will still love this dish because it has a similar flavor profile. It’s a win-win!
- 2 bags Eat Smart® Green Beans
- 2 tsp O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 2 tsp O California Aged Sherry Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, toss green beans with O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat the peanut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots and cook until golden brown. Drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Once you remove the green beans from the oven, toss them with O California Aged Sherry Vinegar and top with fried shallots.
Eat Smart® Green Beans make all your green bean recipes easy! They are triple washed, prepped, and ready to use. They can be steamed right in the bag. It’s as easy as poking a few holes in the bag and popping them in the microwave.
O Olive Oil & Vinegar products are a kitchen necessity! These artisanal olive oils and vinegars are made from lush California olives, organic citrus, and Sonoma Valley’s best varietal wines. O uses old-world methods of natural aging in wood barrels and stainless steel tanks to make award-winning artisan wine vinegars.
Available in a variety of fun and fresh flavors, these oils and vinegars can take your dishes from fine to divine! We used O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and O California Aged Sherry Vinegar on our blistered Eat Smart® Green Beans but that’s just the beginning of endless options! For more unique recipes, from mocktails to desserts, click here.
How will you be serving Eat Smart® Green Beans this holiday season? Share in the comments below or tag us in your recipe photos on Instagram @theproducemoms, @eatsmartveggies and @ooliveoilandvinegar.