Easy Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan
Want to put a delicious dinner on the table but don’t have a lot of time? Easy Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan is a tasty choice for busy parents! 10 minutes of prep and 30 minutes in the oven is all it takes. Since everything is contained to a couple of dishes, clean-up is quick too! It’s a great weeknight dinner for summer or back to school season.
The trick to making a delicious meal quickly is knowing where you can save time and what’s worth the effort. Store-bought teriyaki sauce is fine for this dish. There are lots of brands that have great flavors. Of course, if you’re feeling ambitious you can make your own (see recipe below).
DON’T save time by buying canned pineapple, go for fresh! It makes a big difference to the flavor and texture of this dish and it’s worth the few minutes it takes to cut one up. Alternatively, grab the pre-cut fresh pineapple rings from your produce department. It’ll cost you a little more but the time-savings and vibrant flavors will be worth it! Learn how to select and store fresh pineapple here.
Produce Moms Tip: Cutting a pineapple is easier than you think! Watch our pineapple cutting video tutorial here.
This recipe is kid-friendly and can be gluten-free if you are careful to use gluten-free teriyaki sauce (or if you make your own sauce, gluten-free soy sauce). The teriyaki sauce recipe we included below is gluten-free. It does add a few minutes of prep time to the recipe, but not so much that you can’t still make it on a busy evening.
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce store-bought or use the recipe below
- 1-2 tsp sesame seeds as garnish
- Green Onions as garnish
Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- OPTIONAL: To make your own teriyaki sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved. (To save time, use store-bought teriyaki sauce instead).
- Toss chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, pineapple rings in a bowl and toss in teriyaki sauce until evenly coated.
- Arrange ingredients on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Flip ingredients half way through.
- Remove from oven and plate on a bed of rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Don’t settle for takeout or fast food on busy nights. Instead, make this quick and easy sheet pan meal. Pin it so you’ll have the recipe ready for when you need it!
Be sure to check out our other time-saving sheet pan recipes including Lemon Pepper Chicken & Summer Squash Sheet Pan and Baked Salmon & Sesame Glazed Broccolini® Sheet Pan.
What are your favorite sheet pan meals for busy nights? Share in the comments below!
2 responses to “Easy Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan”
I will definitely try this!
Let us know what you think!