Cherry and Lime Slushie
Northwest cherry season is here! Celebrate this special time of year with our Cherry and Lime Slushie recipe. It’s a refreshing combination of sweet cherries, lime juice, mint, honey, and sparkling water.
Cherries and limes are a classic combination. If you love Sonic’s Cherry Limeades you’ll be a big fan of these Cherry and Lime Slushies. They are the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. The blended texture is even reminiscent of Sonic’s famous ice!
Best yet, these slushies include no added sugar! The cherries and honey keep things sweet enough without overpowering the tart flavors. The addition of fresh mint makes them extra refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.
This recipe can easily be whipped up in 10 minutes. The most time-consuming part is de-stemming and pitting the cherries. You can use a cherry pitter but our favorite method for pitting cherries uses a chopstick and an aluminum can. See our cherry-pitting tutorial here.
Once your cherries are pitted and your limes are juiced, simply throw everything in the blender and blend. You may need to play around with the ratio of ice to sparkling water to get the consistency exactly to your liking. If your slushies are too watery, add more ice. If they are too thick, add more sparkling water.
- 2 cups sweet cherries de-stemmed and pitted
- 6 limes juice only
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 5-6 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until ice is broken down into small slushy-sized pieces. (Add more ice if the consistency is too watery. Add more sparkling water if consistency is too thick).
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a cherry and sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy our Cherry and Lime Slushie recipe as much as we do! Looking for more ways to enjoy cherries this summer? Check out these other delicious cherry recipes:
- Sweet Cherry Vinaigrette
- Spinach, Avocado, Cherry, and Feta Salad
- Burrata Cheese with Balsamic Cherries and Mint
- Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Apples and Cherries
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Fresh Cherry Trifle
You can also follow our Cherry Pinterest Board for recipe ideas!
Produce Moms Tip: Enjoy this recipe outside of cherry season by using frozen cherries. Learn how to freeze cherries so you can enjoy them year-round.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy cherries in the summer? Share your ideas in the comments below.