Blueberry Brie Grilled Cheese
Jul 20, 2022, Updated Sep 20, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Variations to Blueberry Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Want to add a little added flavor to this grilled cheese sandwich recipe? Try these:
- Add a pinch of ground cinnamon to the blueberries.
- Zest a lemon or use lemon juice instead of water for a bit of tartness.
- Use lemon curd or another jam to add more flavor.
- Use mayo instead of butter.
- Add fresh herbs like basil or mint.
Take a look at other Blueberry Recipes:
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Moscow Mule
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Blueberry Ketchup
- Mega Berry Pie
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE BLUEBERRY brie GRILLED CHEESE AT HOME
- Naturipe blueberries
- Thick wheat bread
- Brie cheese, thin slice
how to make GRILLED CHEESE WITH BLUEBERRIES
First, in a small saucepan, add the Naturipe blueberries and water. Then, slowly stir in the honey.
Next, cook over medium heat until the blueberries begin to pop and are juicy. Remove from heat and set aside.
Then, heat a skillet over medium heat. Butter bread and place two slices butter-side down in the skillet. Top each slice of bread with slices of brie and add the warm blueberry mixture.
Next, top with the second slice of bread, butter-side out.
Finally, cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Why We Love Naturipe Berries
Naturipe’s family of growers have been dedicated to growing premium quality fruit the “Naturipe Way” since 1917. They work primarily with multi-generation family farms located in prime growing regions throughout North and South America so they can consistently supply the market with the freshest, tastiest berries available. Learn more about Naturipe and their products.
In addition to growing delicious berries, the Naturipe® brand means sustainability is incorporated into every decision. Sustainability is a priority in all aspects of their company and farming operations across the globe. Unique to the fresh produce industry, Naturipe® is a partnership between highly-esteemed fresh berry growers. Learn more by visiting naturipefarms.com.
Blueberry Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices Thick wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces brie cheese thin slice
- 1 cup Naturipe blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- In a small saucepan, add the Naturipe blueberries and water. Stir in the honey. Cook over medium heat until the blueberries begin to pop and are juicy. Remove from heat and set aside
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter the bread and place two slices butter side down in the skillet. Top each slice of bread with slices of brie.
- Add heated blueberries. Top with the second slice of bread, butter side out.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.