Mega Berry Pie
Mar 14, 2020, Updated May 16, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pi Day is much more than just a day to share funny memes commemorating everyone’s favorite mathematical constant. It IS that of course, but it’s also a day to celebrate by digging into a slice of sweet and satisfying Mega Berry Pie. Let’s face it…there’s really nothing better than enjoying a slice of homemade pie, especially on such an appropriate holiday.
This year, celebrate Pi Day with friends and family by preparing this easy (yes, really) Mega Berry Pie. It’s full of fruity flavors from raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries… see where the MEGA comes from? That’s a lot of berries! Many people feel intimidated by the thought of making a pie from scratch, but we promise this one is a cinch even for a novice baker.
Produce Moms Tip: Use a store-bought crust to make it nearly foolproof.
We use Naturipe® berries in this recipe because we are firm believers that the best pies are always the result of using the best fruit.
Naturipe’s family of growers have been dedicated to growing premium quality fruit the “Naturipe Way” since 1917. They work primarily with multi-generation family farms located in prime growing regions throughout North and South America so they can consistently supply the market with the freshest, tastiest berries available. Learn more about Naturipe and their products.
Mega Berry Pie
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh Naturipe® bluberries
- 1 cup fresh Naturipe Raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup fresh Naturipe Blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- Roll out pre-made pie crust according to direction on the package and place it in a pie pan. Crimp edges with a fork.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, water, and salt. Fold in the blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling begins, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- While the blueberry mixture is cooling, assemble the crumb topping. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl. Add butter and use your fingers to mix it into the dry ingredients until pea-size clumps form. Set aside.
- Fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into the blueberry mixture. Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Top the fruit with the crumb mixture — scattering it evenly.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 400°. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350° and bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Mega Berry Pie with Crumb Topping, almost ready for the oven!
Produce Moms Tip: Place your pie pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake. It will catch any overflowing juices from the fruit and keep your oven clean.
We hope you’ll try this recipe to celebrate Pi Day. We know you’ll have fun making it and will absolutely love the taste. Cut yourself a slice or two, or 3.14 if you want to really go Pi(e) crazy, but we recommend you do some division and share it with friends!
After you try this pie come back and share your thoughts in the comments below. Bonus points if you add in your favorite Pi joke too!