Lemon Blueberry Scones
May 02, 2021, Updated May 15, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lemon Blueberry Scones are cute and sweet just like mom—making them the perfect addition to your Mother’s Day brunch. Better yet, serve one to her bedside with a cup of coffee or hot tea. Either way, mom will be delighted by these tasty triangles.
Made with plump, juicy blueberries and tart lemons, these scones are sweet with a tangy zing of citrus. But just like the best scones, they aren’t overly sweet. In that case, you might want to serve mom two!
You’ll find these scones are golden brown with crumbly edges, but not dry. Inside, they are light and fluffy. Each bite is bursting with zesty lemon and blueberry bliss.
The scones are topped with a citrusy-sweet glaze, made with fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar. It’s a simple combination but delivers lots of fresh flavors.
In addition to Mother’s Day, these scones would be perfect for any spring or summertime brunch. Delicate and beautiful, they make an elegant addition to wedding and baby showers.
Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Grate the butter and add it to flour mixture and combine with a pastry blender. Put mixture in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove flour mixture from refrigerator and add the wet mixture to it. Add in blueberries and stir to combine.
- Place dough on a floured workspace and roll it into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into an 8-10 inch circle. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Sprinkle each wedge with course sugar.
- Place the wedges in the refrigerator for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet a couple of inches apart from one another. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Drizzle on top of scones.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Will you be treating mom to something tasty this Mother’s Day? Let us know if these lemon blueberry scones make your brunch menu. Better yet, tag us in your food photos on Instagram @theproducemoms!
Need more Mother’s Day recipe inspiration? Check out these ideas!
- Mother’s Day Blooming Fruit Basket
- Mother’s Day Vegetable Bouquet
- Crunchy Apple Salad on Croissants
- Heart-Shaped Fruit Pizza with Mixed Berries
- Focaccia Flower Garden
- Pink Lady® Mimosas
- Basil Lime Raspberry Cocktail