Vegetarian Gravy with Pears
This Vegetarian Gravy is a super simple recipe with all the nutrients and flavor everyone will love. Pears are roasted in the oven with vegetables and seasonings, blended with vegetable stock and balsamic vinegar for a tasty gravy recipe that you will want year after year.
This post is sponsored by USA Pears.
Whether you, your friends or family are vegetarian, this vegetarian gravy recipe is quick and easy to make. And it is loaded with fiber since we are using pears.
Simply dice the pears and vegetables, place them on a baking sheet with a few spices, roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, add in vegetable stock and you’ve got yourself a wonderful recipe everyone can enjoy.
Another great sauce to make is our Cranberry, Blueberry and Strawberry Sauce.
This vegetarian gravy recipe will be a big hit this Thanksgiving and Holiday season!
Ingredients for Homemade Pear & Vegetarian Gravy Recipe
- USA Pears (we used bosc)
- poultry seasoning
- sea salt
- black ground pepper
- light miso
- raw cashews
- balsamic vinegar
- smoked paprika
- vegetable stock
How to Make Vegetarian Gravy
First, prepare your vegetables and pears and place them on a baking sheet. Then, toss with poultry seasoning, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil.
Next, bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Then, place in a blender or a large bowl using an immersion blender, with the balsamic vinegar, miso and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth or the consistency you desire for your gravy.
Finally, enjoy! Top the gravy on your meat, stuffing, mashed potatoes or any other of your favorite Holiday side dishes!
More Reader Favorite Holiday Recipes
- Apple, Cranberry and Kale Salad
- Bosc Pear Salad
- Vegan Potatoes au Gratin
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Bake
- Barley Stuffing with Butternut Squash, Apples and Kale
- Stuffing Muffins
Why We Love USA Pears
The Pear Bureau Northwest was established in 1931 to promote the fresh pears grown in Washington and Oregon. Pears from these two Northwest states are distributed under the USA Pears brand.
Combined, Washington and Oregon make up the nation’s largest pear producing region.
The nearly 800 grower families that are represented by the Pear Bureau Northwest take pride in their ability to produce top-quality fresh USA Pears for the world market. Fresh pears are a delicious and popular fruit choice among consumers of all ages.
Other Great Recipes from USA Pears
- Pear Galette
- Sweet Pear Empanadas
- Baked Cinnamon Ricotta Pears
- Pear and Sausage Empanadas
- No Recipe Pear Recipes
- 4 USA Pears cored and seeds removed, halved
- 1 lb carrots cut into 3″ pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled
- 4 cups cauliflower florets from about 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mellow/light miso
- ⅓ cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours and drained
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock preferably homemade
- Prepare your vegetables and then place on a baking sheet. Toss with poultry seasoning, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place in a blender or a large bowl using an immersion blender, with the balsamic vinegar, miso and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth or the consistency you desire for your gravy.