Strawberry Puppy Treats
Apr 08, 2020, Updated Jul 27, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
** Research shows that strawberries are safe for dogs, but always check with your vet before introducing new foods into your dog’s diet! **
These easy-to-make homemade strawberry puppy treats are sure to make your furry friend’s tail wag. The recipe requires only 4 ingredients, many of which you probably keep on hand at all times. Fresh strawberries, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and water are blended together to make a fun and flavorful treat any pup would love to crunch and munch on.
Why treat your dog with strawberries?
Strawberries are a great choice for homemade puppy treats because they are full of antioxidants, high in fiber, and even contain an enzyme that can help whiten your pup’s teeth. Although strawberries are perfectly healthy for dogs, it’s important to make sure they don’t overindulge given that there is sugar in the fruit. Like everything else, dogs can enjoy strawberries in moderation.
This recipe calls for very few ingredients and even fewer steps! Just three easy steps and you’ll have a yummy treat to share with your four-legger.
- Start by adding all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and slightly runny.
- Pour the mixture into your mold of choice and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the mold and store in a freezer bag or storage container.
Oh, wait! There’s just one more step… make sure your pup sits, stays, shakes, or at the very least poses for a cute Instagram photo. After that, it’s time to enjoy!
In honor of Easter, make these treats using a bunny mold and turn them into puppy peeps!
Strawberry Puppy Treats
- 2 pints strawberries cleaned & tops cut off
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- Combine strawberries, peanut butter, yogurt, and water in a blender. Blend until mix is smooth and a little runny—like a smoothie (may need to pour water as you blend).
- Pour mixture into molds and place in freezer for 3-4 hours, or until Peeps are hard.
- Remove tray from freezer and flip upside-down to remove.
- Store in airtight container in the freezer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Man’s best friend surely deserves the best berries. We use Naturipe berries because they are high-quality, full of flavor, and sustainably farmed.
Looking for more homemade dog treats? Here are a few of our most popular recipes:
- Gluten-Free Blackberry and Almond Flour Dog Treats
- Banana and Blueberry Pupsicles
- Minty Fresh Breath Dog Treats
- Grain-Free Carrot and Spinach Dog Treats
Humans need treats too. Try one or all of these strawberry treats for two-leggers:
- Avocado Strawberry Blueberry Bread with Triple Berry Jam
- Strawberry Daiquiri Ice Pops
- Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
Have you tried making homemade puppy treats? We’d love to hear about your experience in the comments below. If you make these Strawberry Puppy Treats for your furry friend, share the results on Instagram @theproducemoms and @naturipe.