Grilled Sweet Peppers
These grilled peppers are quick and easy to make! Whether you use them to top a salad, top your grilled brats or hot dogs or use as a side dish, the sweetness and char from grilling is perfection in every bite.
An Exciting New Product from NatureSweet®
Opposite from spicy, NatureSweet® Super Sweet Italian Long Peppers are a sweet premium long pepper now in grocery stores across the nation.
Some Key Features include:
- 3 sweet long peppers per 14oz
- Surprisingly sweet! Reaches up to 9 brix
- Great for all meal occasions and endless cooking versatility
- Its few seeds and soft skin make preparation a cinch
- Rich in Folic acid, magnesium, potassium, Beta carotene, vitamins A, E, and twice as much vita- min C as an orange
- Enhanced with Nature- Sweet® distinctive assets, such as Associates on the label.
This recipe is brought to you by our brand partners at NatureSweet®.
These easy to make grilled sweet peppers are the perfect summer side dish. They are super healthy, delicious and a great option for paleo and low carb lifestyles.
How do I grill peppers?
Wash and dry the peppers before placing them on the grill. Preheat your grill to about 350°. Place the peppers on the hot grill and allow them to cook until they begin to char (get black marks). When one side has become charred, flip the pepper and continue to cook until all the sides of the pepper have char marks.
What’s the difference between roasted and grilled peppers?
Peppers can either be roasted in the oven or charred on a grill. Roasting takes a bit longer and the oven heats up the house during the summertime. Grilling peppers is quicker and you get to enjoy the smokey flavor.
Which peppers are better for grilling?
Any style of bell pepper or jalapeño is wonderful for grilling. We find it easier to leave the pepper as a whole to prevent any peppers from falling into the grates. However, if you have a grill basket, you can slice them before grilling!
Why do people grill peppers?
Grilled peppers bring out the natural sweetness of the pepper as well as a slightly smoky flavor from being charred. By grilling peppers it also allows the peppers to soften and helps to loosen the skin so that you can peel them easily.
While you can enjoy these NatureSweet® Super Sweet Italian Long Peppers all on their own grilled, we decided to toss them in some olive oil, capers, garlic, salt and pepper to kick things up a notch!
- NatureSweet® Super Sweet Italian Long Peppers – Opposite from spicy, they surprisingly sweet, with few seeds and a soft skin
- Olive Oil
- Capers – commonly used in Mediterranean cuisine
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Grilled Peppers With Olive Oil and Capers
Step 1 – Wash and dry the peppers.
Step 2 – Heat up the grill. Once the grill is hot, place the whole peppers.
Step 3 – Char the Peppers. Cook, turning often, until the skin is blackened and blistered, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
Step 4 – Allow to Cook. Place the peppers in a plastic bag and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 5 – Remove the seeds. Cut the peppers in half, removing the core and membranes. Cut into the size of strips you desire (or leave halved).
Step 6 – Mix with other ingredients. Place the peppers in a bowl with the minced garlic, salt and pepper, capers, parsley and enough oil to lightly coat.
Serve at room temperature.
More Delicious Pepper Recipes to Try
These Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers are a quick and easy appetizer recipe made with goat and cream cheese.
Grilled Red Bell Peppers are stuffed with olives and feta for a Greek inspired meal.
Kick dinner up a notch with our Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. They are so delicious and topped with melty provolone cheese.
Why We Love NatureSweet®
Innovation isn’t just about growing sweeter fruits and veggies or bringing more of it to the produce section. True to its name, NatureSweet® grounds itself in the belief that caring for the planet is one of the most important things it can do as a company. They focus on minimizing their carbon footprint and going out of their way to protect natural resources. NatureSweet® prides itself in always Doing What’s Right.
And they do it all while supporting and empowering the people who make it possible, from the farm to the supply chain and beyond.
Hear all about NatureSweet’s commitment to Fair Trade Certified produce in Episode 144 of The Produce Moms Podcast.
Grilled Sweet Peppers
- 6 count NatureSweet® Super Sweet Italian Long Peppers
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Wash and dry the peppers.
- Heat up the grill, and place the whole peppers on once it is hot.
- Cook, turning often, until the skin is blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes each side.
- Place them in a plastic bag and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the peppers in half, removing the core and membranes. Cut into the size of strips you desire (or leave halved)
- Place the peppers in a bowl with the minced garlic, salt and pepper, capers, parsley and enough oil to lightly coat.
- Serve at room temperature.