Oatmeal Raisin Muffins with Pears
Apr 05, 2014, Updated Jun 07, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Sage Fruit.
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins with Pears are an unusual muffin recipe that’s sure to make your taste buds sing! Better yet, they take no more than ten minutes to prep and 25 minutes to bake. Meaning you could have a warm, delicious muffin within the next 35 minutes!
To make this recipe extra simple, use a yellow cake mix as the base. Then simply mix in water, a very ripe pear, eggs, quick oats, raisins, cinnamon, and chopped nuts.
The nuts are optional, but love the extra crunch (and nutrition!) that walnuts or pecans give these muffins.
You can make these muffins ahead of time and freeze them for later. Let the muffins cool completely and then flash freeze on a baking sheet for about an hour, or until each one is frozen solid. Transfer the frozen muffins into a freezer bag, label and date, and then store in the freezer for up to two months.
Pear Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1-1/3 cup water
- 1 pear very ripe (peeled, cored, chopped)
- 2 large egg
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped (walnuts or pecans)
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 24 paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, chopped pear, eggs, and oats until well blended. Stir in raisins, nuts, and cinnamon.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full of batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes and serve warm from the oven.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
What did you think of this recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Muffins with Pears? Will you be making them again and again, like us? Share your review in the comments below, or in our Produce Moms Facebook Group.
Love muffins? Give these recipes a try too!