Homemade Cherry Limeade
This post is sponsored by Sage Fruit.
Looking for an easy Cherry Limeade recipe that contains fresh cherries, lime juice, lime zest and a homemade simple syrup recipe? Then this recipe is for you! It’s a summertime must, and you can make it homemade in a matter of minutes!
We love super simple beverage recipes! Not only is this Cherry Limeade recipe super simple, but it is made with fresh ingredients. It’s packed full of flavor and refreshing for the entire family.
What is in a cherry limeade?
Our version of the Cherry Limeade recipe is loaded with fresh ingredients that include dark sweet cherries and limes and cherries. Cherry juice is loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. It has been shown to reduce inflammation, helps you to sleep, boost heart health and promote weight loss!
Various versions of Cherry Limeade recipes on the internet often include a clear soda. We try to omit ingredients that contain added preservatives and sugars if we can! However, if you want an extra zing, feel free to add in your favorite.
Can I use sparkling water in my Cherry Limeade recipe?
Of course you can! Adding sparkling water will add a bit of a fizz to the cherry limeade. Plus, it will give it that carbonated taste some people often crave.
What alcohol can I add to make this an adult version of a Cherry Limeade?
If you are looking to make this recipe for adults, you can add in tequila, vodka or even rum to the pitcher. You can also leave the pitcher as it is and allow your guests to create their own version by setting out the different liquors with a mixing spoon!
Ingredients for Homemade Cherry Limeade
- Sage Fruit Dark Sweet cherries, pitted
- Lime zest
- Cherries & lime slice for garnish
How to Make Cherry Limeade Recipe
First, you will make the simple syrup by combining sugar and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil. Turn off and let it cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, you will blend the pitted cherries in a blender until pureed smooth.
Then, in a 2-qt pitcher combine the simple syrup, lime juice, lime zest, cherry puree, and 3 cups of ice. Fill with water to the 2-quart line.
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Produce Mom Tip: For an even finer drink, you can take an extra step to sieve. Pour cherry puree from the blender through a fine sieve before adding to drink.
Why We Love Sage Fruit Cherries
The Northwest Cherry Season lasts from the first week of June until the end of August. During those summer months, Sage Fruit packs both Dark Sweet and Rainier cherries. The first bloom on cherry trees typically occurs in early spring, and the first fruit is harvested at the beginning of June.
The Sage Fruit growing regions are dispersed throughout Washington and Oregon. Small differences in microclimate allow cherries throughout those regions to ripen at different times during the season. This ensures that you can enjoy these tasty treats all summer long!
- Skin – Golden with pink-red blush
- Flesh – Clear/yellow colored
- Finely textured, very sweet, delicate flavor
Dark Sweet Cherries
- Skin – Mahogany to Dark Red
- Flesh – Mahogany
- Firm, Mild to Sweet, rich flavor
Did you enjoy making this Homemade Cherry Limeade? Share in the comments below.
Homemade Cherry Limeade Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Sage Fruit Dark Sweet cherries. pitted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 5 limes approximately ½ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- additional water
- Cherries & lime slice for garnish
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and 2 cups water. Heat to a boiling. Turn off and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, blend pitted cherries in a blender until pureed smooth. SEE NOTES if you would like no pulp.
- In a 2-qt pitcher combine syrup from step 1, lime juice, lime zest, cherry puree, 3 cups of ice. Fill with water to the 2-quart line. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until serving.