Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops
Aug 06, 2019, Updated Oct 12, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A sweet and healthy treat!
Bananas are one of the best produce ingredients to use when feeding children. For one, kids usually like to eat them and that makes it easier for moms. They’re naturally sweet, and easy to eat. Bananas also happen to be healthy, full of potassium, fiber, antioxidants and Vitamin C.
For those reasons and more, this Frozen Banana Yogurt Pop recipe is one of our most popular!
Related: Banana Candle Food Art
What you’ll need…
To make Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops, you’ll need 3 ingredients: bananas, yogurt, sprinkles, wax or parchment paper, and popsicle sticks.
From plain to strawberry or any flavor in between, all yogurt flavors work for this recipe. We chose vanilla yogurt but you may opt for blueberry or chocolate — yum!
You can also change up the toppings. We went with sprinkles because we love the colorful crunch they add. But you may want to consider granola, mini chocolate chips, crushed nuts, or puffed rice cereal. These frozen banana pops would also be yummy drizzled with chocolate syrup or peanut butter.
Related: November Seasonal Fruits and Veggies
How to make Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops
1. Begin by peeling the bananas and cutting them in half.
2. Insert a popsicle stick into the flat bottom of each banana half.
3. Next, dip your bananas in yogurt. Use a spoon to cover the entire banana and smooth out the yogurt. Allow any excess yogurt to drip off.
4. Then, sprinkle the bananas with your choice of toppings.
5. Place the dipped and decorated bananas onto a plate or baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
6. Place the plate in the freezer until the yogurt has hardened — about 2 hours.
From peeling the bananas to decorating them, this is definitely a treat that kids can help make, so be sure to get your children involved in the process!
Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops
- 3 bananas peeled and cut in half
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt or flavor of your choice
- sprinkles or toppings of your choice
- popsicle sticks
- Halve and peel each banana. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana half.
- Dip bananas into yogurt, using a spoon to coat each banana evenly. Let excess yogurt drip off.
- Add sprinkles or topping of your choice.
- Place bananas on a plate covered in wax or parchment paper. Freeze until the yogurt has hardened, about 2 hours. (Allow for more time if you would like the banana to be frozen through).
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
RELATED: How to carmelize bananas
What will you top your Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops with? Will you choose sprinkles too, or go with another option? Will you enjoy them poolside or as a late-night snack? Let us know in the comments below!
Tips For Success