Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
Chocolate-dipped peanut butter stuffed dates take just four ingredients and about fifteen minutes to make. If you’re looking for a special treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, you’ve landed on the right recipe!
Dates grow on date palms, a flowering palm tree found in arid climates like the Middle East, Northern Africa, India, and California. They are naturally sweet and have a deep caramel flavor that mimics candy.
Dates are widely available. You’ve probably noticed Medjool dates in the produce department around the holidays. They make a great gift or stocking stuffer. They can also be used to naturally sweeten smoothies or make no-bake crusts. Next time you see them, grab extra! You’ll have plenty of uses for them, especially as the holiday season nears.
Chocolate-dipped peanut butter stuffed dates are a creative addition to holiday cookie and candy exchanges. They make a great homemade gift for neighbors and coworkers. Set them on the holiday dessert table and watch these bite-sized delights be the first thing to get gobbled up.
This recipe is perfect for the holidays but you’ll find yourself craving it all year long! That’s because the mixture of dates, peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate tastes just like a candy bar. Yet, you don’t have to be an experienced candymaker to whip them up.
If you are working around a nut allergy, there are easy substitutions you can make. Instead of peanut butter, try sun butter. Instead of dipping the dates in nuts, try chopped banana chips. Even if you don’t have an allergy, you may want to give this variation a try because it is delicious in its own right!
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- 4 tbsp peanut butter or sun butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or preferred melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped or crushed
- Cut a long slit lengthwise in each date.
- Stuff each date with peanut butter (about a teaspoon each).
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Dip half of each stuffed date into the melted chocolate. Place dipped dates on a cooling rack and allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle crushed peanuts onto the chocolate-dipped side of each date. NOTE: You can also dip the dates in peanuts but this tends to be messier.
- Allow the candies to rest on the cooling rack until the chocolate has set. Store in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
We hope you enjoy these chocolate-dipped peanut butter stuffed dates as much as we do! Share your reviews with us in the comments below. Tag us in your recipe photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.
2 responses to “Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates”
My mom made this rolled in sugar not dipped in chocolate
That is just as amazing!