Valentine’s Day Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Strawberries are an extremely popular produce choice around Valentine’s Day. They are bright red, juicy, healthy, and somewhat shaped like a heart – how perfect?!
If you’re looking for cute homemade (AND EDIBLE!) gift ideas for your spouse for this Valentine’s Day, these easy and delicious chocolate-covered strawberries are a must! Impress your significant other with a unique gift that both of you will love. If you’re feeling extra nice, you could even share them with your kids (but I highly doubt you’ll want to share)!
- 12 strawberry long stem
- dark chocolate I recommend Dolci Frutta Original
- white chocolate I recommend Dolci Frutta white chocolate
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Dip the strawberry in the white chocolate, holding the stem of the strawberry. Give it a twist to shake off excess and then point strawberry up for 2 seconds.
- Place on sheet tray to let dry.
- Repeat with remaining strawberries & proceed to decorate with white dress or tuxedo effect (see below).
Decorating "White Dress" Strawberries
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the pastry bag with tip. Pipe melted white chocolate in random fashion.
Decorating "Tuxedo" Strawberries
- Melt dark chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the strawberry at a 45 degree angle from both sides to make the jacket. Let the excess drip off. Place on sheet tray to dry. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate into the pastry bag with tip. Pipe on the buttons and bow tie.
I hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!