Valentine’s Day Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Feb 10, 2015, Updated Feb 07, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Strawberries are an extremely popular produce choice around Valentine’s Day. They are bright red, juicy, healthy, and somewhat shaped like a heart – how perfect?!
If you’re looking for cute homemade (AND EDIBLE!) gift ideas for your spouse for this Valentine’s Day, these easy and delicious chocolate-covered strawberries are a must! Impress your significant other with a unique gift that both of you will love. If you’re feeling extra nice, you could even share them with your kids (but I highly doubt you’ll want to share)!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 12 strawberry long stem
- dark chocolate I recommend Dolci Frutta Original
- white chocolate I recommend Dolci Frutta white chocolate
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Dip the strawberry in the white chocolate, holding the stem of the strawberry. Give it a twist to shake off excess and then point strawberry up for 2 seconds.
- Place on sheet tray to let dry.
- Repeat with remaining strawberries & proceed to decorate with white dress or tuxedo effect (see below).
Decorating "White Dress" Strawberries
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the pastry bag with tip. Pipe melted white chocolate in random fashion.
Decorating "Tuxedo" Strawberries
- Melt dark chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the strawberry at a 45 degree angle from both sides to make the jacket. Let the excess drip off. Place on sheet tray to dry. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate into the pastry bag with tip. Pipe on the buttons and bow tie.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!