Heart-Shaped Fruit Pizza with Mixed Berries
Love is sweet! And so is this heart-shaped fruit pizza. A sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, mixed berries, and vanilla glaze makes this sweet treat as irresistible as snuggles, cuddles, and hugs.
This easy dessert pizza is a fun way to show your loved ones just how much you care. Whip it up on Valentine’s Day, Sweetest Day, anniversaries, birthdays, or just because. There’s no wrong time to indulge in a fruit pizza!
How to Make a Heart-Shaped Fruit Pizza
Keep it simple by using pre-packaged sugar cookie dough to make your crust. Instead of cutting the dough into individual cookies, roll it out until it’s about a quarter-inch thick and then cut out one giant heart. Use a pairing knife or something similar to make your shape. You can print out a heart-shaped stencil but freeform works just fine.
Place your cookie crust onto a lined baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees (or as instructed by the instructions on the cookie dough package) for about eleven minutes, or until the edges get slightly golden-brown.
Meanwhile, make your frosting by beating together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Once the cookie crust is out of the oven and completely cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture onto it. Leave just a bit of room around the edges to form a “pizza crust”.
Next, arrange the berries on top of the cream cheese frosting. You can arrange them in a pattern or just toss them on. This is a great step for the kids to tackle! See what kind of fun design they can create. As for berries, you can’t beat the quality of Naturipe Farms.
Lastly, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar to make the vanilla glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the berries. Now it’s time to slice and enjoy with the ones you love the most!
- 1 roll sugar cookie dough
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven 375 (or according to package instructions on sugar cookie dough).
- Roll out sugar cookie dough until it reaches 1/4 inch thickness. Use a knife to cut out a large heart.
- Place heart on a cookie sheet or pizza stone and bake in the oven for about 11 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and cool completely.
- Make the frosting by mixing together cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and orange zest. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Spread the mixture onto the cooled cookie crust, leaving a bit of room at the edges to make a "pizza crust."
- Arrange blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries over the cream cheese frosting.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp sugar to make the vanilla glaze. Drizzle glaze over the berries.
Show your love with this sweet heart-shaped pizza! And then show us how yours turns out by tagging us in your photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.
If you love this fruit pizza starring mixed berries, we bet you’ll also love this recipe for mega berry pie!