Nov 02, 2020, Updated May 19, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by That’s Tasty
That’s Tasty Mulling Spice Kits turn ordinary wine into something truly special. Make this mulled wine once and it’s sure to become a holiday tradition.
This recipe calls for one standard bottle of wine, making measuring easy — just pop the cork and pour! However, we recommend a fruit-forward red wine. A wine that’s too dry will make the recipe turn out more bitter than some might like. And while some honey can help sweeten it back up, a little fruitiness is a welcome part of this beverage.
That's Tasty Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 tbsp That's Tasty Mulling Spices
- 5 Cinnamon Sticks one per mug
- 5 slices orange one per mug
- honey or agave syrup to taste
- 5 shots brandy, bourbon, or cognac one per mug - optional
- In a saucepan, gently simmer one bottle red wine and mulling spices (in reusable steeping bag), taking care not to overheat the wine.
- Add honey or agave syrup.
- Simmer up to 20 minutes.
- Remove spices and serve hot in mugs garnished with a cinnamon stick and an orange wedge.
- Optional: Add shot to mug for medicinal purposes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
You can also make mulled cider with That’s Tasty Mulling Kits. Learn how here.
Cheers to a wonderful holiday season!