Roasted Red Pepper Veggie Dip
A great dip is a smart way to encourage yourself and your family to eat more veggies. What’s even smarter is when the dip itself contains a veggie! Roasted Red Pepper Dip contains, you guessed it, red peppers and also chickpeas.
Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) are technically a legume, not a vegetable, but this plant-based wonder is something you can feel great about snacking on. They are packed with protein! Just one ounce contains about 3 grams of protein.
Did you know bell peppers contain more vitamin C than oranges? They’re also a good source of vitamin A and potassium and have healthy doses of fiber, iron, and folate.
This dip is the perfect companion to a veggie tray but don’t stop there! Spread it on sandwiches or serve with pita bread too.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast the red bell peppers: Remove the stem and seeds and cut into quarters. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bell peppers from the oven and allow them to cool. Once they are cool enough to touch, peel the skin off.
- In a food processor, blend the bell pepper until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to one week.