Wednesday is the 4th of July… which pretty much means you are using your grill. Here is a perfect recipe from Garden Cut’s summer menu: Tex-Mex Cheeseburgers! Celebrate Independence Day with these delicious burgers & don’t forget Chef Concetta’s easy Chipotle-Garlic Mayo! The secret is always in the sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- vegetable oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger bun
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- chipotle-garlic mayo (See link to recipe in notes)
- tomato sliced (optional)
- onion sliced (optional)
- leaf lettuce (optional)
- Heat griddle pan over medium-high heat or preheat an outdoor grill.
- Season beef with cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and mix to combine. Form 4 oval-shaped burgers. Drizzle burgers with vegetable oil and grill meat 3 to 4 minutes per side or desired doneness. Melt cheese over the burgers during the last few minutes of cook time. Remove hamburgers and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Spread chipotle mayo on both sides of the buns. Place each burger on a bun half with onion, tomato, green leaf lettuce and top with other half of bun. Serve immediately.