Lollipops®, grown by our friends at Salad Savoy, is a fork-sized vegetable that is a cross between red kale and Brussels sprouts. Just 4 ounces of Lollipops contain twice the amount of vitamin C and b6 than standard Brussels sprouts.
Lollipops are often found on the menu of high-end restaurants and are especially appreciated by those with discriminating tastes. While you might appreciate Lollipops as a side dish or served as a salad, your kids may not. Let’s be honest… kids just don’t flip for green veggies.
But one thing kids do flip for? A cold, creamy smoothie! Lollipop Smoothie has a fun name that kids get excited about, and it can be our little secret that the lollipops in this smoothie are actually nutritious green veggies!
- 3 tbsp yogurt plain, nonfat
- 1 pear cored & cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (see notes)
- 1 cup kale sprouts (Lollipops) washed & stems trimmed
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup pistachios can substitute walnuts (optional)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
This smoothie recipe makes 2 servings. So pour one for you and your child and enjoy together!