Keto Stuffed Philly Cheesesteak Peppers
If you are looking for the best Keto stuffed pepper recipe, wait until you try these Philly Cheesesteak Peppers. These peppers are full flavor and are perfect for a keto diet. Friends and family who are not on keto will love this amazing dinner recipe.
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Peppers
When it comes to Philly cheesesteak, there is nothing better than the way the meat and the cheese comes together. When following Keto, you will have to skip the roll, but with this recipe for Philly Cheesesteak peppers, you get all the flavors in a keto friendly meal.
Is Bell Pepper Keto Friendly
For the most part, bell peppers are keto friendly. However it does matter how many servings you have of the bell peppers as well as what kind of bell peppers. It can vary from variety to variety. And with any vegetables, you have to watch the portion size to stay within the keto limits. Green peppers are the lowest in carb and the most keto friendly choice then comes red and yellow peppers.
How many net carbs are in a bell pepper?
When you are deciding how many net carbs are in the peppers, it depends on which pepper you are using. Green peppers have 2.9 grams of net carbs, per 100 grams. When you want to have the least amount of carbs, green peppers are the best choice. They are also what is often used with meals associated with Philly cheesesteaks. As an added bonus, green peppers are often cheaper than other colored peppers.
Red and yellow peppers have about the same amount of carbs and are about the same nutritionally. These sweeter peppers come in at about 3.9 grams of net carbs per 100 grams. While these peppers are still low in carbs, it is a little higher and you will need to watch, especially if you are not yet into ketosis.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Keto Stuffed Peppers?
- 1 lb. shaved steak
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1 TBSP Black Pepper
- 3 Bell Peppers, cut in half and de-seeded
- 6 Slices Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese
- NOTES: *2 TBSP Teriyaki Sauce
How Do I Make Philly Cheesesteak Peppers?
Preheat the oven to 350°.
In a skillet, cook the shaved steak.
Once steak is nearly done, add in onions, garlic salt and pepper. You want to cook the onions until they are soft and translucent.
In a 9×13 baking dish place the bell peppers in the dish. Add in the steak mixture.
Top the steak filled pepper topping with cheese of your choice. I like mozzarella as it’s a little creamier than provolone. Provolone is traditional so that can be used as well!
TIP: Slicing the back of the bell pepper will allow it to sit flat.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted. TIP: To get a golden brown color on the cheese, broil on low for a few minutes.
To finish the peppers and make a presentation, top with fresh chopped parsley.
Other recipes you may be interested in:
Keto Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb shaved steak
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 TBSP garlic salt
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 3 bell peppers cuthalf and de-seeded
- 6 slices Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 TBSP teriyaki sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a skillet, cook the shaved steak. Once steak is nearly done, add in onions, garlic salt and pepper. You want to cook the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- In a 9x13 baking dish place the bell peppers in the dish.
- TIP: Slicing the back of the bell pepper will allow it to sit flat.
- Add in the steak mixture, topping with cheese of your choice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- To finish the peppers and make a presentation, top with fresh chopped parsley.