Heirloom Tomato Grazing Board
A perfect grazing tray for summer!
Grazing boards are all the rage! They’re a fun, casual, no-fuss way to serve large groups. An Heirloom Tomato Grazing Board is an ideal choice for summertime gatherings. Juicy, sweet heirloom tomatoes in a variety of vibrant colors sprinkled with fresh basil and served with mozzarella pearls — who could resist? And best yet, there’s no need to turn your oven on!
How to make an Heirloom Tomato Grazing Board
To create your grazing board, first select a variety of heirloom tomatoes in various colors and sizes. We chose yellow brandywine, red beefsteak, and Cherokee purple slicer tomatoes and a variety pack of small tomatoes but any heirloom varieties will work. Slice the larger tomatoes and arrange by color on a medium to large platter or wooden cutting board. Next, fill in empty spaces with the smaller heirloom tomatoes. You can also place smaller tomatoes on wooden skewers for easier handling. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt, coarse black pepper, and fresh basil. Add a small pile of mozzarella pearls, garnish with more basil, and voilà! You now have a stunning grazing board to serve your guests.
This is the perfect choice if you have a surplus of tomatoes from an overzealous garden or you recently stocked up on tomatoes at your local farmers market. Slice those babies up, open a bottle of wine, and invite the neighbors over. What better way to spend a late-summer evening?
- 1 medium to large yellow brandywine tomato 1/3" slices
- 1 medium to large beefsteak tomato 1/3" slices
- 1 medium to large Cherokee purple tomato 1/3" slices
- 1 pint assorted small tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mozzarella pearls
- 2-3 leaves basil torn, more to garnish
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper coarsely ground
- Arrange tomato slices by color on a medium to large platter or wooden cutting board.
- Fill in empty spaces with the smaller heirloom tomatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Arrange mozzarella pearls in a small pile on one side of the board. Garnish with a basil leaf. Serve.
Just say no to complicated appetizers and serve this easy Heirloom Tomato Grazing Board at your next gathering!
Looking for more easy summertime party foods? Try these!
Do you love heirloom tomatoes? Give this grazing board a try! Take a photo and tag @theproducemoms on Instagram to show us how yours turns out.