Grilled Southwestern Steak Salad
With steak and corn that’s been grilled, this Southwestern Steak Salad recipe comes together rather pretty quickly. Not to mention, it’s filled with lots of fresh summertime produce.
This post is sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods.
This steak salad recipe will leave you feeling full but yet, craving more! It starts out with our Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe to take this salad to the next level. Of course, you can pair it with your families’ favorite dressing if you prefer. Looking for even more fun ideas? This Southwestern Steak Salad will pair well with any of our Margarita recipes!
Related: Steak and Strawberry Salad
Southwestern Steak Salad
It’s summertime. For many of us, we don’t want to turn the oven on to heat the house up. This steak salad is a perfect option for those who enjoy grilling. Simply throw your steak and the Dandy® Sweet Corn on the grill. Once it is done, build out your Southwestern salad. And as a bonus, your dinner will be on your table in under 20 minutes!
Salad recipes are simply a base. Add whatever other ingredients that your family enjoys. For instance, you can serve with guacamole, diced avocados, or even pinto beans. You can also add a little spice byusing a little bit of cayenne pepper on the steak and/or corn.
No matter what options you choose, you can’t go wrong with a steak salad for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients For Grilled Southwestern Steak Salad
- taco seasoning
- top sirloin steak
- cherry tomatoes
- Dandy® sweet corn
- red onion
- black beans
- Romaine lettuce
How to Make Steak Salad at Home
Start by making the Homemade Ranch recipe. It’s super quick and easy, set aside.
Rub the taco seasoning onto both sides of the steak.
Next, butter the ears of corn.
Grill the steak and ears of corn over medium heat until the steak is 130 degrees and the corn shows some char.
Remove the steak from the grill, tent with aluminum foil for 10 minutes and then slice thin, cutting against the grain of the meat.
While the steak is resting, remove the corn from the cob by using a sharp knife or a kernel remover.
In a large salad bowl, place the romaine lettuce at the bottom. Add all the ingredients on top. Then, Add dressing and serve.
Why We Love Duda Farm Fresh Foods
After six generations, the Duda family is just as passionate about growing fresh fruits and vegetables as the company was when it began nearly 100 years ago. They’re committed to bringing customers the safest and freshest produce on the market through the Dandy® brand.
Check out these delicious Corn Recipes
- Skillet Hot Corn Dip – if you are looking for a great appetizer that will feed a crowd, this Hot Corn Dip is made in the skillet and super simple!
- Mexican Street Corn Baked Potatoes – tired of boring baked potatoes? Try this Mexican Street Corn version!
- Hot Honey Boiled Corn on the Cob – the flavors of this boiled corn on the cob are out of this world! It’s surely a must try recipe before the end of summer!
- Honey Butter Skillet Corn Recipe – is perfect for side dishes. It comes together in just a few minutes and is perfect for the upcoming holidays.
Grilled Southwestern Steak Salad
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning or a 1 ounce store bought packet
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 ears Dandy® sweet corn
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 red onion julienned
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce chopped
- Rub the taco seasoning into both sides of the steak and butter the ears of corn.
- Grill the steak and ears of corn over medium heat until the steak is 130 degrees and the corn shows some char.
- Remove the steak from the grill, tent with aluminum foil for 10 minutes and then slice thin, cutting against the grain of the meat. While the steak is resting, remove the corn from the cob using a kernel cutter or sharp knife.
- In a large salad bowl, add the romaine lettuce at the bottom. Add all the ingredients on top. Add dressing and serve.