Baked Apples Stuffed with Goat Cheese
We’re all about a savory dessert! This recipe for Baked Apples with Stuffed Goat Cheese was shared with us by a friend, and we are so happy to have received it because, holy cow, it’s delicious! Give it a try and see what you think!
- 1 apple Pink Lady Apple is recommended
- 1 rounded tbsp goat cheese
- 1 tsp rosemary finely chopped
- 10 g pine nuts chopped
- 10 dried cranberries diced
- 1 pinch garlic powder to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 2 oz apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut off the top 1/3 of the apple. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds and core so that the walls of the apple are about 1/2 in. thick.
- In a bowl, combine the goat cheese, rosemary, pine nuts, cranberries, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stuff mixture into the cavity of the apple.
- In a glass baking dish, pour enough apple cider (I used apple jack and water because I didn’t have any cider) in the bottom to coat the dish. Place apple in dish and tent with aluminum foil so the apple doesn’t dry out. Cook 45 minutes.
- After cooking, baste the apple flesh with liquid from dish. Let stand a few minutes before eating… it’ll be HOT!
- *OPTIONAL: Drizzle apple with honey before eating.