Tiger Birthday Party Idea
If you are hosting an upcoming Tiger-themed Birthday Party or looking for a fun way to get your child(ren) to try new fruits, these Tiger mandarin oranges are sure to be a hit!
Let’s just take a moment and enjoy these super cute Tigers made out of mandarin oranges! Who wouldn’t want to eat these little guys?
Grab the kids and let them have some fun playing with their food. We find that if you involve your kids with new foods and allow them to help make them, they are more willing to try it!
If you are hosting a child’s Tiger Birthday party, you can set up all the ingredients on a table. Then, allow the kids to make their own. Not only are you killing a little bit of time, but we guarantee that everyone will have fun creating their own tiger. Just make sure to have a few examples so that the kids can get the grasp of what they are creating.
Ingredients Needed for Tiger Oranges
- mandarin oranges
- chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark chocolate)
- melted chocolate
How to Make Tiger Oranges for a birthday party
First, peel two mandarin oranges. Take one mandarin orange and peel each orange slice apart. These will be the ears.
Now that the oranges are prepared, use toothpicks to secure the ears at the top of the orange.
Next for the eyes, use melted chocolate and place a small dot of chocolate before covering with a chocolate chip. The melted chocolate will help hold the chocolate chips in place.
Cut the end of a strawberry and place under the eyes and above the mouth for the nose.
Create lines on the side of the orange with the melted chocolate along with his eyebrows and a mouth.
Should you have left over oranges and melted chocolate, drizzle the chocolate over the orange as tiger stripes! Allow the chocolate to harden before serving.
How to Store Tiger Oranges
Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Tiger Birthday Party Idea
- 3/4 c chocolate baking melts
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 strawberry
- 2 chocolate chips
- First, peel two mandarin oranges. Take one mandarin orange and peel each orange slice apart. These will be for the ears.
- Now that the oranges are prepared, use toothpicks to secure the ears to the top of the orange.
- Next, using melted chocolate place a small dot of chocolate and place the chocolate chips on top. The melted chocolate will help hold the chocolate chips in place.
- Cut the end of a strawberry and place under the eyes and above the mouth for the nose (you will use the melted chocolate to hold it in place).
- Create lines on the side of the orange with the melted chocolate along with his eyebrows and mouth.