Nov 02, 2020, Updated May 19, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by That’s Tasty
Nothing beats a piping hot mug of apple cider in the fall and winter, except for MULLED cider! Mulling spices from That’s Tasty adds a festive kick to this beloved holiday drink.
That’s Tasty mulling kits include a deliciously comforting combination of orange peel, cassia cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg. Simply add the mulling spices in a reusable steeping bag (included in the kit) to apple cider and simmer on the stove for about twenty minutes.
Top off each mug with an orange wedge and That’s Tasty cinnamon stick and enjoy. For the adults in the group, you can add a shot of brandy, whiskey, or rum to each mug.
We recommend using fresh cider straight from your local orchard. It is the season for it, after all! However, you can often find gallons of local cider in grocery stores too.
As you prepare this drink, be careful not to overheat the cider. Boiling can cause the cider to become flaky. It doesn’t ruin the flavor, but some may find it off-putting.
That's Tasty Mulled Cider
- 1 quart fresh apple cider
- 2 tbsp That's Tasty Mulling Spices
- 1 cinnamon stick per mug
- 1 slice orange per mug
- 1 shot Brandy, whiskey or rum per mug (optional)
- In a saucepan, gently simmer cider and mulling spices (in reusable steeping bag), taking care not to overheat the cider.
- Simmer up to 20 minutes.
- Remove spices and serve hot in mugs garnished with a cinnamon stick and an orange wedge.
- Optional: Add shot to mug. Baby, it’s cold outside!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
You can also make mulled wine with That’s Tasty Mulling Kits. Learn how here.