Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
Treat yourself to light and fluffy Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes this weekend!
Start your day off with something extra tasty! Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes are an especially fun weekend breakfast. Kids and parents both love this recipe!
Did you know that blueberries are the oldest plant living today? These berries have been tracked for nearly 13,000 years! Known for their nutrient-dense benefits, blueberries are a true SUPERFOOD!
RELATED: How To Freeze Berries
Blueberries are native to North America and Michigan takes the lead in the highest production of high bush blueberries — nearly 100 million pounds per year! While most of the crop is located in Southwest Michigan, there are over 20 different varieties grown throughout the state.
Due to the high production rates, U-Pick farms are extremely popular within the state of Michigan and attract many families between July and October. To find the closest blueberry farm near you, the North America Blueberry Council has compiled a U-Pick Farms directory.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup ricotta part-skim
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk low-fat
- 2 tsp lemon zest grated
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, & baking powder together. In a separate bowl, whisk ricotta, egg yolks, milk, lemon zest, & vanilla. Stir flour mixture in to egg mixture.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until peaks from. Gently fold into mixture.
- Grease a skillet over medium heat & pour in 1/4 C batter topped with about 10 blueberries. Flip when edges are dry.
- Top with lemon zest, confectioner’s sugar & blueberries to garnish.
If you love blueberries, check out our Blueberry Pinterest board for more recipe ideas.
Here are some other blueberry recipes we know you’ll love:
- Blueberry Ice Cream Bread
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Blueberry Slaw
- Red, White, and Blueberry Mini Truffles
- Mega Berry Pie
- Warm Blueberry and Snow Pea Salad
Do you love blueberries? How do you like to incorporate them into your breakfast? Let us know in the comments below. While you’re there, share your review of our Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes.