Quick and Easy Banana Pudding Recipe
Nov 27, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This banana pudding recipe is super quick and easy to put together. Made with just a few simple ingredients and fresh bananas, it’s a must try dessert recipe for the whole family.
If you have ever been to a bbq restaurant, this is the type of banana pudding that you would enjoy! After a trip to Texas, I was on a mission to come home and duplicate one of the best banana puddings that I’ve ever had.
This no-cook banana pudding recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s a combination of classic flavors including vanilla wafers and banana slices. When you serve this at gatherings, your guests will be asking you for the recipe!
How to Serve Banana Pudding
There’s a few ways that you can serve banana pudding. If you have a trifle dish, double the recipe and place in layers in the trifle dish. Leave the vanilla wafers whole if using a trifle dish.
We tend to serve pudding in small mason jars. This way if there are any leftovers, we simply place the lid on and place in the refrigerator to enjoy later.
Ice Cream dishes are always a fun way to serve not only ice cream but pudding too!
Ingredients for Easy Banana Pudding
- Banana Instant Pudding & Milk – ensure that the milk is cold since it will be used to make the pudding!
- Cool Whip – You can also make Homemade Whipped Cream if you’d like by whisking for 3-4 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Vanilla Wafers
- Vanilla Extract – this is completely optional, but it does bring out the flavors in the pudding. If using, add a teaspoon of extract to the pudding mixture.
How to Make Banana Pudding
This no bake dessert is a perfect sweet treat that is quick and easy to make. You’re ready to enjoy within minutes!
In a large bowl, add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth.
Once the pudding has thickened, fold in the cool whip. You want to fold the cool whip in to keep your mixture thick.
Next, add in your sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in the mixture.
To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!
How to Make Banana Pudding Ahead of Time
We recommend making this up to two hours ahead of time. It’s meant to be enjoyed immediately, but if you are preparing for a party, ensure that the bananas are covered. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy!
How to Keep The Bananas From Turning Brown
If you are making this pudding recipe ahead of time, we recommend ensuring that the bananas are completely covered by the pudding. If not, the bananas will brown from the air.
How to Store & Freeze Banana Pudding
Store in an airtight container if not serving the pudding immediately. Place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Pudding does not freeze well and will become a grainy texture upon thawing. Should you be lucky enough to have any leftovers, keep in the refrigerator.
Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1 3.5 oz banana instant pudding
- 1 1/2 c cold milk
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 2 c vanilla wafers crushed
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Once the pudding has thickened, fold in the cool whip. You want to fold the cool whip in to keep your mixture thick.
- Next add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in.
- Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving.
- To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.