Patriotic Fruit Wands
Patriotic Fruit Wands will dazzle your Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day Party!
Fruit wands mimic the look of sparklers, but are safer and much more delicious! This quick and easy snack is a huge hit with all ages. They include two of summer’s most beloved fruits… watermelon and blueberries.
In addition to watermelon and blueberries, you will need skewers and a star-shaped cookie cutter for this recipe. To create your wands, simply place about eight blueberries on each skewer. Top the skewer with a watermelon star (created using your cookie cutter). That’s it! Be sure to get the kids involved. They’ll love helping with this one!
- Slice watermelon into 2 inch slices
- Press a star shape cookie cutter into each slice
- Put approximately 8 blueberries on a skewer
- Place 1 star shaped piece of watermelon on top of skewer
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until you have the number of skewers desired. Place into a clear vase & serve!
Have a happy 4th of July! If you dazzle up your party with fruit wands, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @theproducemoms. We’d love to see!
Love this idea? Then you’ll really love our FREE EBOOK, A Fruit and Veggie Tray for [Almost] Every Holiday. Download it here.