Parmesan Oven Roasted Potatoes
Aug 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These crispy parmesan oven roasted potatoes are super simple to make and always a hit around the dinner table. If you are a potato fan, we highly recommend re-creating this side dish recipe for dinner this week or for any special occasion!
This post is sponsored by Wada Farms.
Melted butter, parmesan, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning make up the flavors of these roasted potatoes. It results in a crispy potato that is quickly roasted to perfection. Grab your Wada Farms potatoes and get ready for your new favorite side dish recipe!
Potatoes are comfort food all by itself. Plus, they can be cooked in a variety of ways. No matter how you enjoy Wada Farms potatoes, we know these parmesan crusted potatoes are going to be a new family favorite. They don’t take much time to put together, and the flavors are out of this world.
We dunk them with our Homemade Ranch dressing when serving. However, you can even top them with bacon, chives or sour cream for a loaded oven roasted potato variation!
Tip for Making Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
- Do not skip the scoring process. When scoring, cut down into the potato to ensure that the butter and seasonings bake into the potato. This allows the “crust” to stick to the potato.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for a few minutes before taking them off the pan/baking dish. Handling them too early will not allow the parmesan crust to stick completely.
- Do not overcrowd your baking dish. You want to leave enough room so that the potatoes crisp up while they soak up the buttered parmesan from the bottom of the baking dish.
Ingredients for Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Wada Farms gold potatoes – you can also use Wada Farms russet or red potatoes if you prefer
- seasonings – bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley – used for garnish (optional)
How to Make Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
Step 2- Prepare your potatoes: Wash and dry your potatoes. Using a small sharp knife, score the potatoes.
Produce Moms Tip: Don’t skip scoring the potatoes before roasting them in order to achieve full flavor and texture. The cuts help get the parmesan butter paste deeper into the potatoes and give you that crispy, crunchy texture we all love!
Step 3 – Prepare your dish: Pour the melted butter, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and salt into the baking dish. Mixed until combined, and spread evenly.
Step 4 – Bake: Next, place the halved potatoes cut side down in the baking dish. Brush with the reserved melted butter on top. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 35 minutes.
How to Store and Reheat
This roasted potato recipe reheats wonderfully. Simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 350° for 8-10 minutes. You can also use the air fryer at 350° for 3-5 minutes. They won’t be as crispy re-heated, but they are still delicious.
A Few More Potato Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Shepherd’s Pie Recipe – a comfort dish all in one meal!
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole – Made with red potatoes, bacon, cheese, and sour cream, this casserole is the perfect way to celebrate special occasions or just enjoy a tasty meal.
- Mexican Street Corn Baked Potatoes – If you love the robust flavors of Mexican Street Corn, you are going to fall in love with all the flavors of this Mexican Street Corn Baked Potato recipe!
Why We Love Wada Farms
Wada Farms has been sprouting spuds since 1943. They are one of America’s largest suppliers of fresh potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions. They have decades of experience. Plus, we admire their responsible, sustainable growing practices which help them bring the tastiest potatoes to market.
Oven Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs Wada Farms gold potatoes halved
- 7 Tablespoons butter melted (6 for the baking dish and 1 for brushing on top)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Using a small sharp knife, score the potatoes. Place the butter in an 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set in the oven for 5 minutes, until the butter is melted.
- Remove the dish from the oven, add parmesan cheese and spices until well combined and they form a paste. Spread with a spatula to coat the bottom of the pan with the paste.
- Place the halved potatoes cut side down in the baking dish. Brush with the reserved melted butter on top. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 35 minutes.
- Separate the potatoes and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.