Jennifer Aniston Salad
Sep 22, 2022, Updated Jan 17, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When we saw this Jennifer Aniston salad recipe on TikTok, we knew we had to try it! It’s light, airy and packed full of nutrients! If you are looking for a nutrient-filled salad option, we highly recommend this one, a nod to debatably the funniest character on Friends, Rachel Greene. Or, is it?
is this the salad she ate on set?
If you are a Jennifer Aniston fan, you may have heard the rumors that she ate the “Jennifer Aniston Salad” every day on set while she filmed the hit reality tv show, Friends. Now, as much as we want to be BFF’s with Jennifer, we can’t confirm or deny this. It is more widely reported that she ate a “modified cobb salad” every single day for the ten or so year run, however this salad, also a Jennifer recommendation, is a winner in our books.
But, what we do know, is that this salad recipe is delicious and will leave you feeling healthy and full.
What’s in the Jennifer Aniston Salad?
- 3.5 cups cooked bulgur wheat (couscous or quinoa can also be used)
- 2-3 chopped small cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
What is a good substitute for bulgur flour?
Our local grocery store doesn’t carry bulgur flour. If you are also unable to find it, you can replace the bulgur flour for quinoa or couscous.
What does the Jennifer Aniston Salad taste like?
In one word, it’s refreshing. You can taste the mint! If you aren’t a big mint fan, we recommend omitting this ingredient. The lemon juice leaves a refreshing citrus taste in each bite. The cucumber and pistachios gives the salad a nice crunch and the creaminess of the feta is everything!
Why you’ll Love this Jennifer Aniston Salad
- It has all the components of a fulfilling salad… protein, smart carbs, healthy fats, veggies and delicious flavors!
- It’s light, flavorful and jam-packed with tons of fresh herbs!
- This salad recipe is super quick to make in your own kitchen! The bonus is that you are only getting one bowl dirty!
- If you enjoy meal prepping, double the ingredients in this recipe and you’ll have a great lunch for the entire week!
More Salads We Love
How to Make the Jennifer Aniston Salad Recipe
1. Start by making your bulgur wheat, quinoa or couscous according to the packaging. Allow it to slightly cool before adding in the remaining ingredients.
2. As that is cooking, prepare your remaining ingredients by chopping the cucumber, red onion, mint and parsley.
3. Then, add everything to a large bowl. Be sure to stir until everything is mixed well. Cover with the lemon juice.
4. Top with a little extra feta cheese if you wish, and enjoy!
How long does it last in the fridge?
Keep this salad in an air tight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 5-7 days. We personally feel the flavors to this salad are better the next day as they marinate in the refrigerator.
Jennifer Aniston Salad Recipe
- 3.5 cups Cooked couscous
- 2-3 Small cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint chopped
- 1/3 cup Red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Pistachios chopped
- 15 oz Can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Juice of lemon
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta
- Start by making your bulgur wheat, quinoa or couscous according to the packaging. Allow to cool slightly before adding in the remaining ingredients.
- As that is cooking, prepare your remaining ingredients by chopping the cucumber, red onion, mint and parsley.
- Then add everything to a large bowl. Be sure to stir until everything is mixed well.
- Top with a little extra feta cheese if you wish and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Have you made a variation of this salad?Share it with us in the comments below or tag us on Instagram, @theproducemoms.