Grilled Cheese and Artichoke Sandwich
This post is sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms
Artichokes are insanely good, yet there is a lot of mystery surrounding how to cook these delicious guys. There are several ways to cook an artichoke (did you know you can cook artichokes in your Crock-Pot?) but our friends at Ocean Mist Farms are making it incredibly easy with their new Season & Steam® Microwavable Artichoke bags.
These award-winning microwavable steam packages are the only steam bag that gives you the ability to pre-season the veggie and then reseal and steam in the microwave—all within the same bag! They are truly a game-changer!
Now that steaming artichokes is a breeze, it opens up more possibilities for quick and easy recipes using artichokes. One such recipe is the following for Grilled Cheese and Artichoke Sandwich. Watch and see how truly easy it is to make. Even the kids can help with this one!
How to Make a Grilled Cheese and Artichoke Sandwich
- 4 artichokes
- 2 lemons
- fresh spinach
- sun-dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut lemons in half and squeeze juice into large bowl of water.
- Once you have finished cutting the artichoke, rub it with lemon and place in lemon water to stop browning.
- Snap off lower tough outer leaves of artichoke.
- Use paring knife to remove hard outer skin of stem and base of artichoke.
- Cut off uper third of artichoke head.
- Immediately rub artichoke with lemon and place in lemon water.
- Return to Season & Steam® Microwavable bag and season with salt and pepper to taste. Microwave for 6 1/2 to 7 minutes. They are finished when a knife can be easily inserted into the base of the artichoke.
- Remove leaves from artichoke. Remove choke. This is the hairy-looking filaments directly above the heart. Slice the heart, which includes the stem for sandwiches.
- Spread real mayo on bread of choice and begin to build sandwich. Place cheese on bottom. Add plenty of artichoke hearts. Add spinach. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Add more cheese of a different variety.
- Butter outsides of bread and grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
What is your favorite artichoke recipe? Are you looking forward to trying the Season & Steam® Microwavable Artichoke bags from Ocean Mist Farms? Tell us in the comments below!