Thai Celery Bowls: A Game Day Dinner
Sep 10, 2018, Updated Mar 22, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spicy and flavorful, Thai Celery Bowls are a delicious on-the-go meal.
This recipe for Thai Celery Bowls is sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods
Life with kids is always hectic, but no day is quite as hectic as Game Day! Between making sure the kids’ uniforms are clean and running from field to field, there’s hardly time to think about dinner. If you are a sports parent, you know all too well how stressful it can get. That’s why it’s vital to have a few great Game Day dinners on hand that you can whip up quickly.
Thai Celery Bowls is one such meal. It has big flavors, a bit of spice, and lots of crunch. It takes 10 minutes of prep and absolutely no cooking! Did you hear that? Absolutely NO COOKING is required for this dish. Sports parents everywhere, rejoice!
Even 10 minutes to prep a meal can be difficult to find on Game Day, though. Fret, not! All the prep work can be done the day before. Mix the bowl ingredients together and refrigerate. Place the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and refrigerate. The next evening simply shake the contents of the mason jar, pour it over the bowl ingredients, toss, and serve. Voilà… dinner is served!
Dandy® produce, grown by Duda Farm Fresh Foods, is a brand that all sports parents need to know about. They are dedicated to growing and packaging the ultimate grab-and-go fuel for busy families. They have a variety of freshly cut vegetables and a full line of grab-and-go products which makes meal prep easier and snacking healthy and fun. We’re huge fans of Dandy® Celery Sticks, which are naturally sweeter and crispier than other celery and contain fewer strings. It’s the obvious choice for our Thai Celery Bowls.
Thai Celery Bowls
- 1/2 cup Carrots shredded
- 6 Dandy® Celery Sticks chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro loosely packed leaves
- 1 tsp Jalapeño or fresh chili chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts roasted
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2-3 cups pulled rotisserie chicken
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Mix the carrots, celery, cilantro, jalapeño (or fresh chili), peanuts, scallion, and chicken in a medium-size bowl. Note: these items can be prepped the night before and stored in the refrigerator.
- In a small mason jar, add together the fish sauce, fresh lime juice, salt and pepper, sugar, and canola oil. NOTE: Dressing can also be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, shake the contents of the mason jar and pour over the Thai Celery dish. Toss well and enjoy.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.