Episode 287: Jennifer Sanchez
Dec 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
In this episode, Lori Taylor interviews Jennifer Sanchez, the Vice President of Marketing at Sun World. They discuss the global launch of Sun World’s AUTUMNCRISP® grape brand. They also delve into the technology and genetics behind farming, the characteristics that consumers look for in table grapes, and the importance of meeting the needs of growers. The episode concludes with a description of AUTUMNCRISP® grapes and information on where to learn more about them.
In this episode
- Sun World is a leading global fruit genetics and licensing business that focuses on creating better varieties for growers and consumers.
- Consumer demand for table grapes centers around flavor, texture, and eating experience.
- AUTUMNCRISP® grapes are known for their large size, crispness, and juiciness, with a flavor profile that includes hints of rose, citrus, and pear.
- The global launch of AUTUMNCRISP® grapes is a significant milestone for Sun World, and consumers can look for the AUTUMNCRISP® brand seal on the packaging to help identify.
00:00 Introduction and Mission of the Podcast
03:18 Overview of Sun World
04:25 Understanding the Technology and Genetics in Farming
08:03 Consumer Demand for Table Grapes
10:21 Characteristics of Table Grape Varieties
13:12 Sun World’s Portfolio of Fruit Items
15:47 Meeting the Needs of Growers
22:36 The Global Launch of Autumn Crisp
24:14 Recognizing AUTUMNCRISP® Grapes
25:22 Description of AUTUMNCRISP® Grapes
29:02 AUTUMNCRISP® at the New York Food and Wine Festival
32:21 Where to Learn More about AUTUMNCRISP®
35:11 Final Remarks and Partnership with The Produce Moms
- Website: https://go.sun-world.com/autumncrisp
- Instagram: Sun World International, LLC. (@sunworld_fruit) • Instagram photos and videos