Easy Halloween Pumpkin Veggie Tray
Sometimes kids don’t want to eat their vegetables. That’s normal. Shoot, sometimes we don’t want to eat our vegetables! BUT when we use fresh fruits or vegetables to make themed trays, the kids often fight over who gets what on the tray! Life is good when your children are fighting over fruits and vegetables! Cucumber eyeball? That’s a hot commodity for little kids. 🙂
We made two Halloween-themed party trays during last week’s Indy Style segments. The first was a super easy and super adorable Pumpkin. We used Nature Fresh Farms Mini Seedless Cucumbers and baby carrots. That’s it. Told ya it was easy!!!!
Customize your Halloween Pumpkin veggie tray to your liking! Here are some ideas to get you started:
ORANGE = Carrots, Orange Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Roasted Butternut Squash, Orange Slices, Cantaloupe, Apricot, Papaya
GREEN = Cucumbers, Green Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Asparagus, Snap Peas, Honeydew, Kiwi, Grapes, Apples
- 1-2 bags Baby Carrots or other orange produce item
- 2 Mini Sweet Cucumber or other green produce item
- On a circular tray or plate, arrange Baby Carrots to create the base layer.
- Arrange sliced Mini Sweet Cucumbers to create the jack-o-lantern’s eyes, nose & mouth.
- Place a whole Mini Sweet Cucumber at the top of the pumpkin to create the stem.
Tomorrow we will share the other veggie tray we made on Indy Style… it’s extra special because our amazing Facebook fans responded to the Indy Style poll and voted the design into the segment. Did you tune in? Do you know what design/theme won the fan vote??? If you missed it, no worries; it’ll be on the blog tomorrow 🙂