Blueberry Chia Mousse
Nov 30, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by North Bay Produce.
Mousse is a favorite dessert for families the world over. It’s also a sweet and elegant vehicle for adding more produce to your diet! Sweeten up an ordinary evening with this Blueberry Chia Mousse, featuring nutritious chia seeds and fresh blueberries.
How to Make Blueberry Chia Mousse
This simple and versatile recipe makes a creamy whipped mousse that will delight the senses. While we love the sweet flavor of our Blueberry Chia Mousse, you can use the basic recipe to make other types of mousse. Try it out with different berries, like raspberries or blackberries, and see which one becomes your family’s favorite!
The ingredients in this recipe are grocery store staples and should be easy to find — if they aren’t already in your pantry or refrigerator. Our mousse recipe makes two tantalizing servings.
If you want a little less sugar but still crave a sweet Blueberry Chia Mousse, try substituting your favorite sugar-free sweetener in place of the sugar.
Blueberry Chia Mousse
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp lemon
- Add blueberries and chia seeds to a small non-stick saucepan and cook for 10 minutes or until berries have popped and juice has evaporated (should look like jam). Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, lemon juice and 1/2 the cooled cooked blueberries. Whip until mixture is fluffy.
- To assemble, take remaining blueberry sauce and divide into the bottom of two glasses. Top with mousse mixture and fresh blueberries (optional).
- Refrigerate mousse for 2 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
If you want to use the best berries in your luxurious dessert, look for North Bay Produce blueberries in your local produce department. These berries are always fresh and in season. Why? Because they’re shipped from North Bay Produce farms all across the Western Hemisphere. Your favorite berries may not be in season where you live, but they’re thriving in a North Bay Produce field somewhere!
Want to try another sweet dessert featuring chia and berries? Check out this delicious Berry Chia Pudding!
What did you think of this Blueberry Chia Mousse? Did it turn an ordinary evening into an elegant one? Tell us what you thought in the comments below or tag us on Instagram @theproducemoms and @northbayproduce.