Black Bean and Tomato Salad
You know what they say, variety is the spice of life. Salads come in lots of different varieties — they don’t just have to be a bed of lettuce with veggies on top. Black Bean and Tomato Salad is a unique salad that combines NatureSweet Cherubs® tomatoes, black beans, corn, and green onions. It is topped with a sweet balsamic dressing with a hint of heat.
This salad packs up and travels well. We love it for work lunches or as a dinner on-the-go. It’s also a great side salad on Taco Tuesdays!
- 1 pkg NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 2-3 Green Onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp cliantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 1-2 tsp sugar to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, black beans, corn, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, make dressing by mixing together garlic, cilantro, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar, and chili powder.
- Pour dressing overtop of salad mixture, stir to combine, and serve.
Sweet and juicy, NatureSweet Cherubs make any salad special. They are the number 1 selling tomato in the world. Have you tried them yet? Pick a container up at your local grocery store and give them a try in this salad. Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below!