Avocado Strawberry Blueberry Bread with Triple Berry Jam
Sep 30, 2019, Updated Jul 19, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Naturipe®
Lower in sugar and higher in fiber than most traditional quick breads, this recipe calls for avocados in place of butter or oil and a mixture of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. Blueberries and strawberries lend their natural sweetness, cutting back on added sugar.
Top thick slices with triple berry jam made with raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. This quick and easy spread comes together while the bread is in the oven. It’s so good you’ll want to make extra! Store in the refrigerator and also use it on toast or pancakes. For an extra special treat, top your favorite vanilla ice cream with it!
Serve Avocado Strawberry Blueberry Bread with Triple Berry Jam with freshly brewed coffee and pair with yogurt or eggs for a breakfast that’ll make your tastebuds sing! Or, serve it with afternoon tea for a delightful midday treat.
Extend the life of fresh berries!
Berries tend to have a short shelf life. Raspberries and blackberries, for example, should be used within 2-3 days after bringing them home from the grocery store. If your berries are softening and nearing the end of their life, they can still be used to make this quick bread and jam. What a great way to combat food waste! Learn more about storing and handling berries to extend shelf life here.
PRODUCE MOMS TIP: Berry Fruit Leather is another great way to extend the life of berries. Learn how to make homemade fruit leather here.
Naturipe® Avocado Strawberry Blueberry Bread with Triple Berry Jam
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large Naturipe Avocado flesh scooped out and mashed until smooth
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Naturipe Strawberries hulled and cut into large dice
- 1 cup fresh Naturipe Blackberries
- 1 cup fresh Naturipe Raspberries
- 2 cups fresh Naturipe Strawberries hulled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash together avocado and lemon juice. Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix until combined and free of lumps.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and gently mix until just combined and free of lumps. Gently fold in the blueberries and strawberries.
- Transfer mixture to a greased loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jam. Combine berries in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, mashing berries with a wooden spoon. Add lemon juice and continue to boil for 1 minute. Add sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until jam thickens enough to coat the spoon. Remove from heat and transfer to a dish to cool. Jam will continue to thicken as it cools, about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove bread from the oven and test the center for doneness with a toothpick. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack, another 30 minutes.
- Once bread and jam are cooled, slice bread and serve with jam.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Naturipe® is committed to bringing the very best berries and avocados to families. They’ve been at it for over 100 years so you can bet they know what they’re doing! Additionally, Naturipe® is committed to operating in ways that minimize environmental impacts and support local and global communities. Through their “Cultivate with Care” program, Naturipe is exploring and innovating sustainability practices including eco-friendly packaging, water conservation, and natural pest management. Check out their website to learn more.
Pick up Naturipe® berries and avocado at the grocery store this week and give this recipe for Avocado Strawberry Blueberry Bread with Triple Berry Jam a try. Share a photo with us on Instagram, @theproducemoms and @naturipe, and let us know what you think!